Damn Chemist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilT

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
I put in my repeat prescription over 2 weeks ago to make sure they had plenty of time to do it, they said it would be ready on 29th November.

So I went into Boots on my way to work this morning and guess what?

Yes they hadn't even got the prescription from my doctor and will have to ring my Surgery.😡

Why can't they do something as simple as getting a prescription done on time, especially when I always give them plenty of time to do it?

I put in my repeat prescription over 2 weeks ago to make sure they had plenty of time to do it, they said it would be ready on 29th November.

So I went into Boots on my way to work this morning and guess what?

Yes they hadn't even got the prescription from my doctor and will have to ring my Surgery.😡

Why can't they do something as simple as getting a prescription done on time, especially when I always give them plenty of time to do it?

So frustrating!! This has happened to me many times, I have now find a pharmacy that I can trust, so I tend to stay with the same Pharmacy all the time now! 🙂

Is there another pharmacy near you? Boots are terrible for anything important like your meds, but seem too good at pushing things you don't need, and sometimes are never likely to need.

I 'trialled' Boots' repeat prescription service but decided after three failures to deliver as promised I'd go back to taking it into the surgery instead. With Boots' service I still had to wait and they still didn't have everything I needed despite them knowing what was required well in advance. Problem I have is that it's the only convenient pharmacy, being right next door to the surgery. The next nearest is 20 mins walk away (and back), so I may as well wait 20 mins in the local one.

Two weeks is rubbish though.

Strikes me we had a better service when it was Boots and Timothy Whites

ahhh been a long time coming i wondered when boots would be mentioned on here , phil hope you manage to get your items asap x

If you have a Lloyd's Pharmacy conveniently near by, I'd recommend them. So far I haven't had any problems with them.

i think I am the only person who has problems with Lloyds Pharmacy. There is one near the station when I get off the train. Every time I have tried to get prescriptions filled there, they are either out of stock or I have to wait for 2 hours.

i think I am the only person who has problems with Lloyds Pharmacy. There is one near the station when I get off the train. Every time I have tried to get prescriptions filled there, they are either out of stock or I have to wait for 2 hours.

Is your Lloyds in a busy area? Ours is slap bang in a housing estate (docs nearby- not ours though). They probably know me by now and always have everything in stock. Most of "my" cock-ups are made by the person who prints the prescriptions out.

Actually you are not!....... I have 3 Lloyds near me, don't like any of them, staff are generally rude and unhelpful, I use Hobbs....really good, friendly and professional.🙂

The reason I use Boots is I do alot of other shopping there and it is right on top of work so is really convenient.

It's just a shame they have a knack for messing up my prescriptions:(.

I have been using Boots Chemist for five years now and never had any problems, they are also very helpfull, the pharmacist now knows me so if I am late putting in my repeat, if I am desperate for something he will give it to me whilst waiting for the prescription to come through. I get 4 packs of novorapid and 4 packs levemir each time, if they only have 3 in stock, they deliver the balance to my home the next day..

John.

I use a little family run chemists near my doctors and never have any problems , sometimes i think these little chemists try harder than the bigger well known chemists

I think a lot depends on the Pharmacist in charge and how well managed the place is. When I was first diagnosed I nerver had any problems, but she left and we had a succession of temporary pharmacists and the system went to pot. The current pharmacist has been there a while now and gradually improved the service.

It's taken me two years to work out Superdrug's repeat service, and i'm still not convinced i'm doing the right thing. Smaller chemists probably do try harder, it's like that with all small companies, because customer goodwill if their major form of advertising.
As for waiting times....please...don't get me started...TWO AND A HALF HOURS...is the wait at my place at the moment...i'm not happy about it. We've got managment consultants/service improvment/ golgafrinchian B Ark-ers in at the moment to try and make us more "Lean" and efficenient, and all they do is wind everybody up. I'm so glad we don't do repeats, what with not being able to get my head around Superdrugs system, and local chemists should be happy with all the customers we're sending them.
Also Boots, nobody i know has anything good to say about them, and that's just staff!

Rachel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back