Damn blisters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddie99

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
So since getting a new pair of shoes a few weeks ago I've had blisters which have been to be expected. What I didn't expect is that one of them has stubbornly refused to heal up. I saw the GP and he's parked me on the cheap and nasty of the world of antibiotics - flucloxacillin. Damn weakened immune systems.

I got blisters from my unplanned yomp through London on Saturday! Could hardly walk Sunday but they seem to be much better today so keeping a close eye on them. I've worn training shoes since I broke my leg so I tend not to have a problem with them normally. Hope yours heal quickly Tom and that the shoes are quickly worn in!

Oh I've broken the shoes in but they've broken my right foot in the damn process! Got to love infections!

I hate blisters :( hope they heal soon.

Ouch blisters painful , hope they heal up soo Tom 🙂

I hope the blisters heal quickly. They are flippin hard work because you can't avoid shoes in winter. Have you got a plaster or anything on to ease the pressure?

Since starting on the antibiotics yesterday I've started to find that they are raising my bloods. Oh joys.

Tom

So since getting a new pair of shoes a few weeks ago I've had blisters which have been to be expected. What I didn't expect is that one of them has stubbornly refused to heal up. I saw the GP and he's parked me on the cheap and nasty of the world of antibiotics - flucloxacillin. Damn weakened immune systems.

Sorry about the blister - hope the anti B work out. My daughter had higher Bs when she was on them for an ear infection but doc insisted it was the infection and/or the pain that was raising sugar levels. Not convinced.

It puzzles me that you say blisters are to be expected from new shoes? My hubby always gets blisters when he buys new shoes too - whereas I have not done so for many years (since the days of white stilletos in the 80's), and my daughter has never had a blister in her life. Is it something about mens shoes?😱

Hope you feel better soon

Not good.

I have to admit before d i wore very wrong shoes, slave to fashion 😱

but since im very sensible, clarks flats for work, flat (ugg) type boots etc, more important to be comfy now. I know mens shoes are sensible, (unless you had those pointed winkle pickers on Tom? :D)

Hope they get better soon

Ok, a temp basal of 130% has been keeping me in the 7's all morning so I've upped the temp basal to 135%. Roll on lunch.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back