Daily aspirin 'cuts bowel and stomach cancer deaths'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Taking aspirin every day can reduce the chance of developing or dying from bowel and stomach cancers, a review of all available evidence suggests.

And scientists predict if everyone aged 50 and above in the UK took the drug for 10 years, some 122,000 deaths could be prevented over two decades.

But they warn aspirin can cause internal bleeding and say medical advice must be sought before using it.

The Queen Mary University of London report is in the Annals of Oncology.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-28656812

Will they ever make their minds up? 🙄

I have to disperse a small aspirin in a glass of water, and take it immediately before eating, every day.
This is why I have a cupboard full of tiny aspirins, because it is such a bother to take.

I have to disperse a small aspirin in a glass of water, and take it immediately before eating, every day.
This is why I have a cupboard full of tiny aspirins, because it is such a bother to take.

That's one reason why I'm glad that I've been switched from aspirin to clopidogrel (because of my kidney problems; aspirin is an NSAID, so I'm not allowed more than 75mg per day, and that only for stroke prevention); clopidogrel doesn't need to be dispersed in water, hence is a lot easier to take. 🙂

I take the enteric coated aspirin, not supposed to have such problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back