Dafne Drop ins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennywren

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
At the hospital where i did my DAFNE course in June , they do Dafne drop ins on the last monday of each month m where anybody who has completed a Dafne course at that hospital , can pop in and meet people from other Dafne courses and get advice or swap ideas etc ........ Can i just ask does this happen at all hospitals where Dafne courses have be held ?Its something i find really benefical , and it was only because somebody asked about Dafne refresher courses on a different site that made me wonder 🙂

We did a meet up one year after, but nothing else planned....

What a great idea Jennywren and you are so lucky to have this opportunity to meet fellow DAFNE graduates on a regular bases. My only meeting since completing the DAFNE course was on a 3 month follow-up, after which there is nothing else in place in my PCT. I would use these meetings to discuss your control and ask/share advice on all matters to do with diabetes, learning from one-another is a great way of improving control and it can be reassuring that we are not fighting the condition alone. Hope all goes well and do report back on other people's feelings and experiences of the DAFNE course. Toby.

I think actual provision of education varies wildly between PCTs - heaven knows what it will be like when GPs have the purse strings :( I had a different, short but very useful course with my PCT but have had no contact with any of the attendees since (unless they are members here, of course!). It would be great if all offered this opportunity and level of support!

Don't forget to tell them about the forum at your next meeting! 🙂

Drop in session are great resources to be offered.

However, some people prefer the anonymity of sites like this, rather than chance face to face with people who might show recognition in the street, perhaps "outing" diabetes in the presence of friends / colleagues who they'd prefer not to know about diagnosis. I'd think twice about revealing my diagnosis to fellow course members / strangers who might recognise me at one of my workplaces, where colleagues don't know, and don't need to to know, about my diabetes.

Unfortunately no, but i would love to have been offered that as i found dafne to be so useful.

My pct only held 3 courses that i am aware of, and i was on the 2nd one. they are still stying to secure funding to hold them. Such a shame.:(

It sounds like we are very lucky whetre we are i attended the 14th Dafne course and i know they have just finished the 16th . As well as drop in my Dafne group met after 3 months and i know we are meeting at christmas which is 6 months and then also after a year 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back