DAFNE course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys, joined up today!!
Next week I'm on a five-day DAFNE (DOSE ADJUSTMENT FOR NORMAL EATING) course. Has anyone out there been on this course and did you find it useful? Did it help you get better control? Is it difficult to put into practice? Thanks🙂

I went on DAFNE several years ago now one of the most enjoyable 5 days indeed, we had a surperb group couldn't have matched a group of 8 people if you tried... We had a couple of real characters in our group so we had quite a scream all week. The group ranged from 2 that had been diabetic for 3 years, another 5 the other rest of us had been diaebtic for 15 years or more!

You don't actually realise that you are learning so much, as most of it you seem to adsorb as you go along...

I had been diabetic for 18 years, doing carb counting etc, my consultant wasn't sure whether to pull me from the course, as not sure what I would gain from it, but it was surprising what I did gain from the week..

I went on one 3 years ago, Best thing I ever did for my diabetes.
I NEVER did blood tests before and generally didnt bother with it at all, I now test several times a day and have a much better understanding of the disease.
The carb counting is good too, I also go back to the yearly refresher courses as well which are a godsend when you have a memory like mine 🙂

Done it at the start of this year.................and it opened my eyes to how to actually treat diabetes, with no effort at all...........its changed mt life really...........

Ultimately, my best efforts might not be enough at this stage with the sky high morning readings.......................

You will love it, you will wonder why you have not be doing like this from the start..

Andrea , its great my diabetes his definately getting better because of it , also in my area the criteria for a pump is that youve had to attend a dafne course first , so ive had to benefits this year a dafne course and a pump ! Like Ellie said its nice meeting people who are at different stages in their daibetes im my group there was 3 of us who had, had dibetes 30 years and 3 others who had had under 10 years , ive made firm friends with one of the group in fact we also ended going on the pump together . Andrea enjoy and i hope you get many benefits 🙂 I know there is lots of people who would like to do one that cant get on one :( Let us know how you get on 🙂

Last edited:
Andrea habe not done the course as im type 2 but i can safely say a few members have and really rated it, so good luck and hope you enjoy the course x

Quite a few people have succesfully completed this course and sai it has helped lots. I hope you enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back