Cystic Fibrosis Related Diabetes - Travelling - United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgo2305

Relationship to Diabetes
Cystic Fibrosis Diabetes
Pronouns
She/Her
I am a girl with Cystic Fibrosis Related from the United Kingdom and have a lot of worries about understanding if it is possible or how I would ever potentially travel to United States either for a short holiday or longer duration. As I know that the United States has different costs for medical expenses and treatment.

I am wondering if anyone has any possible advice or information about this or personal experience with travelling properly.

Welcome @Mgo2305 🙂 Is it insurance you’re worried about? There are companies that provide cover for pre-existing medical conditions, if so. I don’t have CF but I do have Type 1. I’ve travelled to the US and Canada and used All Clear travel insurance.

With regard to the CF, could your consultant or the CF Trust provide any advice?

Welcome @Mgo2305 🙂 Is it insurance you’re worried about? There are companies that provide cover for pre-existing medical conditions, if so. I don’t have CF but I do have Type 1. I’ve travelled to the US and Canada and used All Clear travel insurance.

With regard to the CF, could your consultant or the CF Trust provide any advice?
Thank you for the advice, I will be looking into this on the CF trust website. I am just wondering when you visited Canada how much the insurance cost and the duration of the stay if possible. As I have been looking into it on AllClear.

I can’t remember the cost @Mgo2305 I went for two weeks and choose the Silver level cover if I remember correctly. I certainly didn’t think it was too much money. All Clear isn’t the cheapest but you get what you pay for. I’ve used them for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back