Curry and drink

Status
Not open for further replies.

stulewie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi can anyone advise a curry and soft drink for a type 2 diabetic to eat at a Indian takeaway or are all restaurant currys bad? Excuse any ignorance

Hi are you testing ? Curries are a minefield really the rice plus the sauces can cause a spike all I can advise is keep away from sweet sauces so masaala and chicken tikka type thing. Maybe fill up on a few veg based starters to
With most things it's best to make your own from scratch. Are you off out for a meal ?? Drinks wise diet coke or a sparkling water does me

I've found a Jalfrezi ok. Stick to a small portion of rice. Basmati is the best. Avoid Naan bread, but a couple of poppadoms should be fine. As for a drink, I would stick to water.

I've just had what Mark described only a chicken tikka masala as opposed to a Jalfrezi. Yes it will have me slightly higher than normal but it's my weekend treat and I try to make the rest of the day as carb light as possible.

Ideally chicken tikka (without the sauce) and a yoghurt sauce would be the best choice or a mixed Indian kebab with salad.

Hi everyone thanks for the advice . A jalfrezi sounds good with a Diet Coke as I usually drink 4 to 5 pints of water a day that would make a change . I am sure I will be back in the future pestering you all about other tips but for now have a good weekend

Hi everyone thanks for the advice . A jalfrezi sounds good with a Diet Coke as I usually drink 4 to 5 pints of water a day that would make a change . I am sure I will be back in the future pestering you all about other tips but for now have a good weekend
Make sure it is a diet coke, preferably in the bottle. I've known places to get their diet/non diet drinks mixed up.:confused:

I'm so glad I can't stand curries! Or spicy food generally, and never have 😛 But I find restaurants are always a bit of a drag as you have to look at the menus beforehand and work out what's the best thing.....oh, for the days of going out for lovely pastas and pizzas, tiramisu, sticky toffee pudding, loads of ice cream...<sigh>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back