Current dilemma !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Am sat at my desk at work, its lunchtime and my ham, pease pud and coleslaw sandwich is waving frantically at me. Get out insulin pen only to discover there's about 2 units left and haven't put in a new vial 😱 Blood already a little high at 10.2 - what would you do?

Too far from home, and am only one in office today, will be here till about 4pm

**tummy rumbles furiously**

What would you do??

Do you have someone at home who could bring you a new pen or vial?

Failing that do you have a nearby chemist that could dispence an emergency supply of insulin?

Eat it and have what insulin youve got (p'raps only one slice of bread if you can take it apart?)
How much would you normally have for that meal?

It would be over an hour round trip for OH to bring me a vial - the chemist here is on lunch till after 2 pm, know this because have tried to get prescription (other stuff) before.

Eat it and have what insulin youve got (p'raps only one slice of bread if you can take it apart?)
How much would you normally have for that meal?

I'd have 6 units + 1 correction. Its a soft bap roll, could pull it apart, but the rest of it will be leading me a merry dance - *tummy rumbles again* willpower weakening*

For me personally, if I was really hungry, which you are, I would eat it......depending on how dodgy you feel and wether you can handle the higher readings for those couple of hours.....

For me personally, if I was really hungry, which you are, I would eat it......depending on how dodgy you feel and wether you can handle the higher readings for those couple of hours.....

I've eaten it!:D

Have coped with high readings before, be home by 4.30ish, and straight to the fridge, ugh, cold insulin injection😱

Only excuse is that it was my twins' 8th birthday today, and was too caught up in present opening this morning!

xxCaspy

Thats real life for you eh.................

It can be done from time to time, but its only for a few hours and your background will stop it from reaching the bad bad levels, was it enjoyable?

Thats real life for you eh.................

It can be done from time to time, but its only for a few hours and your background will stop it from reaching the bad bad levels, was it enjoyable?

Not as enjoyable due to the guilty feeling and anticipation of the next blood test - nice but naughty s'pose!

Dont fret i think lots of us would have done the same to be honest , now just dont forget to inject when you get home 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back