Curing Diabetes: How Type 2 Became an Accepted Lifestyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Despite its rather misleading title, I found this article to have a lot of good content:

Chuck Lynch figured that after being diagnosed with type 2 (adult onset) diabetes, he was destined for a life of daily finger sticks and medication to keep the glucose level in his blood at a normal level.

Everything he'd heard about type 2 suggested strongly that his only choice was to make the best of it. "I thought it was something you managed for the rest of your life," said the 62-year-old Lyme, Connecticut, resident. "I didn't know you could cure it."

Experts hesitate to talk about "curing" diabetes, given the medical complications it can cause that will require lifelong monitoring. But the American Diabetes Association says that maintaining normal blood sugar without medication for at least a year could be considered a "complete remission."

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...accepted-lifestyle/252598/2/?single_page=true

Everything he'd heard about type 2 suggested strongly that his only choice was to make the best of it. "I thought it was something you managed for the rest of your life," said the 62-year-old Lyme, Connecticut, resident. "I didn't know you could cure it."

[/url]

"Chuck Lynch .... now carefully measures every morsel and drop that goes into his mouth."
It doesn't sound like much of a "cure" if he has to do that ... and yes, he is managing it every day of his life by the sound of it. Just good management by Control Freakery not a cure.

"Chuck Lynch .... now carefully measures every morsel and drop that goes into his mouth."
It doesn't sound like much of a "cure" if he has to do that ... and yes, he is managing it every day of his life by the sound of it. Just good management by Control Freakery not a cure.

Indeed, which is why the title is misleading which is a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back