Status
Not open for further replies.

pallet

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all
I’m a type 1 and was just wondering if I can use Curanail treatment
Many thanks

All the fungal nail treatments say not suitable for diabetics. Perhaps someone on the forum can explain the reason for this?
I presume it's the usual reason that people with diabetes may have peripheral neuropathy and so anything to do with toes or feet might have risk that the company lawyers don't want the company to be responsible for.

All the fungal nail treatments say not suitable for diabetics. Perhaps someone on the forum can explain the reason for this?
With Curanail, you first off have to (sort of) sandpaper the surface of the nail so that the treatment can be absorbed more easily. You could quite easily damage your skin doing this, and we’re supposed to avoid cutting our feet and risking a sore that won’t heal.

There are some over-the-counter treatments that don’t suggest the filing I think. Not sure if they still say ‘not suitable for…’

I was given something called Mykored by the podiatrist, it is quite runny so runs both under and on the nail.
It works as long as you use it every day.
All those treatments are quite slow to have any effect.

I was given something called Mykored by the podiatrist, it is quite runny so runs both under and on the nail.
It works as long as you use it every day.
All those treatments are quite slow to have any effect.
Yes, basically you have to wait for the nail to grow out. Being the big toe, mine took over 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back