Cumbrian scheme to help people with coeliac disease recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A scheme started by Cumbria Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, which enables people with coeliac disease to order gluten free food through their pharmacy, has been so successful one of its clinicians has been invited to speak to members of the British Dietetic Association in London.

The gluten free prescribing pharmacy scheme began in west Cumbria and has been shown to help reduce patients? anxiety as well as time wasting for GPs.

Previously patients had to make appointments with their GP?s to order their gluten free food. Now they do it through their pharmacy by filling in a simple form.

http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co..._help_people_with_coeliac_disease_recognised/

A scheme started by Cumbria Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, which enables people with coeliac disease to order gluten free food through their pharmacy, has been so successful one of its clinicians has been invited to speak to members of the British Dietetic Association in London.

The gluten free prescribing pharmacy scheme began in west Cumbria and has been shown to help reduce patients? anxiety as well as time wasting for GPs.

Previously patients had to make appointments with their GP?s to order their gluten free food. Now they do it through their pharmacy by filling in a simple form.

http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co..._help_people_with_coeliac_disease_recognised/

Glad it's working so well for them.
My pharmacist receives ?120/ year or ?10/month to fill in and order the stuff for me. Slight problem no one seems to understand the points system or even how many points for certain items. There's no info to carb values on the order forms and no inclination from pharmacist or staff to find out the information for me. No one seems to know if good are on a calendar month or from the day you started the new diet.

I will give you 3 guesses as to who will take their card elsewhere unless things improve. 😡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back