Croissants v baguettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vonny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Apropos of @sarahb83's post on holidays, it's got me thinking about the holiday we will hopefully get this year. We usually do France once a year and I'm a huge fan of french bread and croissants. I love the cheeses and ham as well but I don't need to worry about those, and plenty of delicious cheap red plonk which I'm not going to hold back on!

I'm thinking that croissants will be better for me than bread in the hope that the amount of butter in them will slow down sugar release. What do other people think please? Like Sarah I don't want to go overboard, but I would like to enjoy some yummy french grub! It will be the first time we've been to France since diagnosis.

A croissant you’re likely to consume the whole thing. Probably with added butter.

But let’s be honest, you’re on holiday in France so it’s practically a condition of entry to have them so just watch quantities and enjoy!

Apropos of @sarahb83's post on holidays, it's got me thinking about the holiday we will hopefully get this year. We usually do France once a year and I'm a huge fan of french bread and croissants. I love the cheeses and ham as well but I don't need to worry about those, and plenty of delicious cheap red plonk which I'm not going to hold back on!

I'm thinking that croissants will be better for me than bread in the hope that the amount of butter in them will slow down sugar release. What do other people think please? Like Sarah I don't want to go overboard, but I would like to enjoy some yummy french grub! It will be the first time we've been to France since diagnosis.
I think the croissant is probably less carbs than the bread. But French bread is usually quite light so may be quite similar. You could give it a test before you go.

Hope you get to enjoy them, and by experimentation with the balance of extra wine and cheese, and a bit of extra holiday wandering about, you get some pleasant surprises on your meter 🙂

Have a fabulous holiday @Vonny !

Also remember that not all carbs are equal. Croissants have much more impact on blood sugars for me than the same carb amount of bread. It could be the opposite for you. Only way to find out is eat both and see what happens.

Also remember that not all carbs are equal. Croissants have much more impact on blood sugars for me than the same carb amount of bread. It could be the opposite for you. Only way to find out is eat both and see what happens.
I agree entirely.
Every carb is different, and not even the same to different people.
But, a warm croissant for breakfast.....
I'll split it, butter it, maybe some cheese, some ham.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back