Creon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yammy190

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Hi, I’m currently trying a gluten free diet. Does anyone have any experience of Creon and gluten does it help in any way. Thanks.

I believe going gluten free helped @Pumper_Sue cos she said so on one of the threads you have already been active on.

Hi, I’m currently trying a gluten free diet. Does anyone have any experience of Creon and gluten does it help in any way. Thanks.

Confused by question if honest, do you mean does avoiding gluten help with digestion?

Use creon but not gluten free as been tested & all was OK.

I was still extremely unwell even when taking Creon, so went gluten free and low and behold very much better, then had an ice cream which made me unwell again so cut out the lactose as well.

All is well now and never felt better 🙂 Obviously Coeliac but no intention of eating gluten again to be tested.
You can have a gluten intolerance and test negative to Coeliac disease. So if you feel better being gluten free go down that route.

Thank
I was still extremely unwell even when taking Creon, so went gluten free and low and behold very much better, then had an ice cream which made me unwell again so cut out the lactose as well.

All is well now and never felt better 🙂 Obviously Coeliac but no intention of eating gluten again to be tested.
You can have a gluten intolerance and test negative to Coeliac disease. So if you feel better being gluten free go down that route.
Thanks. I thought I’d try gluten free for a bit alongside Creon. However I’ve been waiting for endoscopy biopsy result and they say it’s ok re non celiac. I really don’t know what’s going on cos although there’s been some improvement whilst taking Creon and g free I’ve now restarted gluten and I’ve gone backwards a bit. Have been taking Bisacodyl to help transit as Creon seems to have slowed me down. Also seemed to have hypo yesterday after some exercise and a recent HbA c1 I was ok. I suppose carbs don’t absorb as well when you’re pancreatic insufficient so glycogen is a compromised back up. This is probably confusing. Seeing consultant at last in 10 days so I hope he’ll have some answers. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back