Covid Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gladys

Relationship to Diabetes
Other Type
Hello Everyone Did people with diabetes get offered the spring covid vaccine? I did as was placed in shielding group originally. The spring vaccine would have been my fourth covid vaccine - pfizer (felt unwell for several days whereas pfizer vaccine I had six months previously just slept for one day). NHS rigid that fourth vaccine not to be until six months after third vaccine. Been offered fifth vaccine since September (not yet reached six months since last vaccine so nervous to take it and I think it is a new type). I will take it eventually as had Covid before vaccinations existed and very ill with it. Anyone else been offered fifth vaccine in a short time gap since their last vaccine? And am I understanding that vaccines can push blood glucose levels up? Will send econsult to g.p. with questions and see what happens. If anyone has had their winter vaccine, does the waiting fifteen minutes before leaving the vaccination centre still exist? Gladys

Did people with diabetes get offered the spring covid vaccine?
No, not all of us. (Some did, but for other reasons.)
Been offered fifth vaccine since September (not yet reached six months since last vaccine so nervous to take it and I think it is a new type).
I wouldn't worry too much about the gap. I think I wouldn't bother if I was only 3 months after the last dose, but 3-6 months seems fine (if they're willing to offer it to you). It is a bivalent vaccine but as I understand it it's two lower doses of Moderna vaccine combined, with one coding for features from Omicron BA.1. So not really that different to ones you've already had.
And am I understanding that vaccines can push blood glucose levels up?
Or down. Or not do anything. Seems to vary by individual. It pushes me slightly lower, but not that significantly.

My fifth one made absolutely no difference to my BG, it remained below 10 and above 4,
I had the modena one this time with no side effects whatsoever.

Thank you Bruce Stephens and Barrowman. That is helpful information from you both. Gladys

Had 4th jab withing 6 months of 3rd vaccine, went with wife to get hers & asked if I could get mine same time, they didn't seem fussed about it only being 5 months from previous.

I didn't have my fourth vaccine because extremely vulnerable until, I think late May, and had my second covid jab a week ago. I felt a bit rough afterwards but not too bad at all and it didn't affect my BG levels. Previous jabs were Pfizer, last one was Moderna.

Thank you "nonethewiser" for clarifying that vaccines have been given five months apart in the past. Thank you for your reply too AJLang, that it did not affet your BG levels. Gladys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back