Covid vaccine for under 12s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebearcametoo

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
I don’t know how they’re rolling it out but our diabetic kid had his first vaccine yesterday. He won’t be 12 until the end of next month. I presume he got it early because of his diabetes so it may be that they’re finally rolling it out to diabetic 5-12s now. He was called through the surgery and they took extra time to explain the vaccine and what it does so it wasn’t just a standard vaccine appointment like my older kid had. No side effects today and no change in BG just FWIW.

I don’t know how they’re rolling it out but our diabetic kid had his first vaccine yesterday. He won’t be 12 until the end of next month. I presume he got it early because of his diabetes so it may be that they’re finally rolling it out to diabetic 5-12s now. He was called through the surgery and they took extra time to explain the vaccine and what it does so it wasn’t just a standard vaccine appointment like my older kid had. No side effects today and no change in BG just FWIW.
Yes, they are rolling it out to clinically vulnerable 5-11 year olds, and those who live with an immune-compromised adult.
I have read somewhere in the last few days that it’s being considered whether they should roll it out to all 5-11 year olds, the argument against being that most of them get it mildly or have already had it, the argument for, is for people wanting to take children abroad where rules say they have to have had it.

Just for interest - which brand of vaccine was given?

Just for interest - which brand of vaccine was given?

As I understand it they have a smaller dose.

I must admit I haven't done any kids shifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back