Covid spring booster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Thats what they are calling the fourth covid jab - the second booster for all us wrinklies and other appropriate categories. Had ours yesterday and thought it might be worth letting everybody know of our experience.

Options...1. book through NHS 198 general number; 2, book through GP ; 3, go to drop-in centre.

Thought about option 1, but shied away because last time it involved a lot of faffing about and I could not book two at the same time. Tried the GP surgery because they use a different booking system and can book two together but they had none available. So, went for option three. We were going into Preston and simply went into the drop-in vaccination centre located next door to the bus station. No appointment? No problem. Come on in, thanks for coming! Lots of staff, system well oiled, no queue. Fifteen minutes later, processed and jabbed and heading for a brew.

If our experience is anything to go by, then if you get the e-mail or text and there is a convenient vaccination centre you can visit then forget all the appointment malarkey and just drop-in. Got it all done in the time I would have otherwise spent on the phone trying to organise an appointment and then organising everything else in order to join the queue in a crowded vaccination centre at a specific time. 15 minutes out of my life rather than half a day.

Now I only hope it works!

Took my 94 year old dad for his 4th jab yesterday. As usual his GP surgery had a super-quick one way system. We were early but they saw us straightaway and dad was jabbed and out in double-quick time. Have to hand it to his surgery, they are magnificent!

I had mine on Wednesday and my mother in law had hers the same time. We booked both appointments through the NHS website. They did ask me why I was having my spring booster so I told them that I'd received a shielding letter and could show them if they needed to see it. But they didn't need to.

Well I doubt I will be offered as I don't seem to fit into the categories on the list. My GP is not part of the Covid vaccine roll out.

Well I doubt I will be offered as I don't seem to fit into the categories on the list. My GP is not part of the Covid vaccine roll out.
I think most of us will be getting another dose in the autumn. (That's the intent so far, anyway.)

Only walk in centres within an 80 mile round trip for me so attended walk in and walk out.
Spent an hour outside freezing to death a couple of people in their 90's collapsed as so tired waiting in the queue got to the entrance to be told there was another hour wait inside as only two people doing the jabs.

Needless to say I said sod it and walked off. I wont be attending again either.

I don’t qualify for another 41 years yet and hopefully won’t need it then

Neither of us is old enough, nor immuno suppressed.

@Pumper_Sue - sorry your experience was so different to ours. Another postcode lottery I guess.

My OH had a Covid booster (4th jab) booked at Boots this AM, 2 confirmations after booking but then just as he was about to set off there was a cancellation in the JUNK mail.
When he booked it the GP was not doing them but they now are so that is more convenient anyway.

@Pumper_Sue - sorry your experience was so different to ours. Another postcode lottery I guess.
I went to another walk in centre this morning waited 10mins all done and dusted. Again excellent staff just a lot better organised than the Devon one, perhaps Cornwall have it sussed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back