COVID recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaurenNicole

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could suggest any tips to help recover from COVID and are there any specific warning signs, from a T2 diabetic point of view, I should look our for?

For background:
Currently on 25mg empagliflozin, 1000mg slow release Metformin.

HBAC1 was 58 when last tested, was due this week but obviously have had to cancel. Since then I've been upped on the empagliflozin (10mg) but down on the Metformin ( due to bad stomach/nausea issues.

I can't prove cause/effect but my levels went through the roof following Covid last year. If you don't have a meter, watch out for the usual symptoms of increased fatigue, thirst & urination.

I can't prove cause/effect but my levels went through the roof following Covid last year. If you don't have a meter, watch out for the usual symptoms of increased fatigue, thirst & urination.
I'll try keep an eye out... Hard as I don't test (doctors don't recommend/ also have a phobia of doing it) and empagliflozin sometimes gives me similar symptoms (extra peeing, more thirsty).

I'll try keep an eye out... Hard as I don't test (doctors don't recommend/ also have a phobia of doing it) and empagliflozin sometimes gives me similar symptoms (extra peeing, more thirsty).
You would be better advised to get yourself a test kit and extra strips and start testing. Most Type 2s here find self testing an invaluable tool in managing their diabetes well and in many cases helping them to adjust their diet in order to push it into remission. Sadly GPs have no understanding of how powerful dietary changes can be, but a BG meter helps you to see how your body responds to different foods and tailor your diet to what your body can cope with. It also helps you to keep yourself safe at times like this with Covid when you can actively monitor your levels and seek help if they go too high.
I hope you recover fully soon. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back