Covid jabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might, I certainly won't....

The list to me looks the same as the autumn one which I was able to receive
The whole of Table 3 in the Green Book referred to includes all categories. I interpret the current wording in the release (below) as meaning only the immunosuppressed category as defined inTable 3, not the whole of Table 3, which as you say, contains all the categories included in the Autumn 2022 booster.
  • individuals aged 5 years and over who are immunosuppressed, as defined in tables 3 or 4 in the COVID-19 chapter of the Green Book

Since my BKA (below knee amputation) I am virtually housebound. Was told the district nurse wkyld come and do it but since then it has been a pass the buck blame game with me in the middle!

Since my BKA (below knee amputation) I am virtually housebound. Was told the district nurse wkyld come and do it but since then it has been a pass the buck blame game with me in the middle!
Oh no I'm m sorry to hear that

The whole of Table 3 in the Green Book referred to includes all categories. I interpret the current wording in the release (below) as meaning only the immunosuppressed category as defined inTable 3, not the whole of Table 3, which as you say, contains all the categories included in the Autumn 2022 booster.
  • individuals aged 5 years and over who are immunosuppressed, as defined in tables 3 or 4 in the COVID-19 chapter of the Green Book
Ah, you are probably right, I had interpreted it as everyone in tables 3 or 4 but re-reading it I think you may be right that it is the group marked "immunosuppressed" within those 2 tables

Not to bothered about spring jab but would like one come autumn.

Had all jabs to date, only ever had slight reaction to one, that was cold like symptoms for day or two.

Not to bothered about spring jab but would like one come autumn.

Had all jabs to date, only ever had slight reaction to one, that was cold like symptoms for day or two.
I presume that's how it'll work out. There seems an assumption that there'll be one a year, like flu, so presumably at about the same time. (I'm not sure that that makes sense, but that seems to be where things are going.)

I presume that's how it'll work out. There seems an assumption that there'll be one a year, like flu, so presumably at about the same time. (I'm not sure that that makes sense, but that seems to be where things are going.)
If you look at how many years Swine Flu was one of the main components of the flu vaccines following the epidemic of approx 2009, it makes perfect sense to me that we will be offered a COVID vaccine for the next few years at least. It may be that it mutates to be milder and therefore routine vaccination stops, but I think for the "foreseeable future" we will have it offered at least annually to "at risk groups". They generally are looking to predict which flu strains will be most common for around 6 months - 2 years in advance (with the longer range forecasts being less certain) iirc.

If you look at how many years Swine Flu was one of the main components of the flu vaccines following the epidemic of approx 2009, it makes perfect sense to me that we will be offered a COVID vaccine for the next few years at least.
I'm just not that sure how "seasonal" it is (though we've had about one wave per season, I guess). I think right now it's not at all certain how valuable it might be to produce a new vaccine each year (the originals still seem to be doing fine).

But anyway, I think once you've got the first 3 doses that's probably about as good as you'll get. (The subsequent doses probably just give us a couple of months of extra antibodies.) So it makes no sense at all to start withdrawing the ability to get those three doses (that's presumably partly cost and partly that in the UK our leaders have decided they don't care about children that much).

Offering a dose once a year to people over 50 and otherwise vulnerable perhaps makes sense just for that couple of months, but we could probably get away with just using exactly the same vaccines.

I'm just not that sure how "seasonal" it is (though we've had about one wave per season, I guess). I think right now it's not at all certain how valuable it might be to produce a new vaccine each year (the originals still seem to be doing fine).

But anyway, I think once you've got the first 3 doses that's probably about as good as you'll get. (The subsequent doses probably just give us a couple of months of extra antibodies.) So it makes no sense at all to start withdrawing the ability to get those three doses (that's presumably partly cost and partly that in the UK our leaders have decided they don't care about children that much).

Offering a dose once a year to people over 50 and otherwise vulnerable perhaps makes sense just for that couple of months, but we could probably get away with just using exactly the same vaccines.
We aren't on the original vaccines though. The autumn booster was a double variant booster.

The bases were the same, but variants adjusted. Which is exactly what the flu vaccine has been like for the past 60 years, apart from the year or so where swine flu was a separate extra vaccine

My understanding also, once yearly before to long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back