Covid infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanda71

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone I’m day 6 of testing positive for Covid for the first time, felt ok ish yesterday but still really tired but today feel rubbish again with added issue of diarrhoea. The line on the lateral flow test is slightly lighter than previous tests. Is it normal to get upset tummies at this stage or should I be contacting my GP?

Sorry to hear you are unwell. I think anybody who is dependent on medication and has diarrheoea for more than a day should check in with GP. Personally, I have been given a whole sheet of instructions (not just for diabetes though).

Hi everyone I’m day 6 of testing positive for Covid for the first time, felt ok ish yesterday but still really tired but today feel rubbish again with added issue of diarrhoea. The line on the lateral flow test is slightly lighter than previous tests. Is it normal to get upset tummies at this stage or should I be contacting my GP?
Peoples symptoms of Covid can vary hugely, the important thing is to stay hydrated, maybe use Diorlyte or similar rehydration fluid as it keeps electrolytes better balanced. Whether you should contact your GP depends on if your medication will be affected by the diarrhoea.
Hopefully the positive test will not be for much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back