Covid help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisaa

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My husband is on day 5 and up to now he’s had headaches on and off but this morning he’s been getting shortness of breath he just keeps saying I am ok but I suffer with anxiety and I am getting worried about him

Well ring the out of hours service for help and advice, but if he is really struggling then it's a 999 call isn't it?

Keep in contact with 111 they may send out a pulse oximeter so you can keep an eye on his o2 levels and they’ll be able to talk through when to get more help for him if it’s needed.

I second the oximeter. I got a good one in a high street store. Having a number can ease anxiety. Of course, if you have any concerns you should always seek medical advice. I hope he feels better soon.

I have been and bought a oximeter and his o2 levels are 96% is this ok ?

I have been and bought a oximeter and his o2 levels are 96% is this ok ?

Check the instructions. On mine that would count as normal. I generally get 98% but occasionally go slightly lower. I think normal is often said to be 95-100% but do read your specific instructions. I often do two or three checks over a few minutes then take the average. Note his result down and then you can see if it gets better or worse, and also have a record to show if he does need medical advice.

92% and above is good - please check this out, it might help you put your mind at ease. Best of luck to your hubby. Click Here
PS My son was prescribed Salbutamol when he had covid, to help him breathe - so there are options available.

92% and above is good - please check this out, it might help you put your mind at ease. Best of luck to your hubby. Click Here
PS My son was prescribed Salbutamol when he had covid, to help him breathe - so there are options available.

Incorrect advice here. 92% is not ok!

Just done another reading on a different finger it’s 98 he says he can’t take a deep breath in because it hurts

Just done another reading on a different finger it’s 98 he says he can’t take a deep breath in because it hurts

98 is normal. Is he shallow-breathing because of pain from coughing? If so, he needs to concentrate on his breathing and breathe deeply.

If the pain is in his lungs or deeper than his rib muscles, he needs to seek medical advice.

Bad cases of Covid have O2 levels in the low seventies or sixties. My watch has a built in oxymeter. Currently I have a bit of a cold - not Coved - and my level is 96. If he stays in the 90s he’s fine. Chest pain can cause shallow breathing and drop the level down, but keep a close eye on it. Dropping towards 80 needs medical attention, because that would indicate chest infection. I trust he doesn’t smoke.

My mum who’s 84 lives with us and tested positive yesterday she’s got a cough but I am worried about her as she elderly

My husband is on day 5 and up to now he’s had headaches on and off but this morning he’s been getting shortness of breath he just keeps saying I am ok but I suffer with anxiety and I am getting worried about him
In addition to the advice above from people more informed than I - I would say your anxiety is also important
So I would call 111, which would almost certainly help
If it was nothing then it was just a wasted call
NHS site: 'If you need help now, and you're not sure what to do - Go to 111.nhs.uk or call 111'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back