• People with diabetes are currently being contacted to receive the Covid-19 vaccine. Should you have any questions about how this might affect your blood sugar levels, then call our Helpline for support and information on managing your diabetes at this time.Updates: Coronavirus and diabetes
  • Are you currently doing less than 30 mins physical activity per week and would like support to help you move more? Get in touch with our Physical Activity Helpline here

Covid Exposure

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Many will know on here that i sadly lost my partner shortly after Xmas due to covid while staying in hospital. what made things worse was been told on the day of the funeral that my partner Tee had possibly gone in to hospital with covid but what is so strange is that the ward told me Tee had contracted Covid while staying in hospital. It took 2 weeks before i even knew that Tee had contracted covid in hospital but yet it took a full month for the hospital to declare the new information.

problem if Tee had gone into hospital with covid then at no time did anyone telephone me to ask me to isolate which is then a serious situation as you can imagine how many people Tee had come in to contact with along with myself.

i did report the incident to the appropriate bodies and today i got a phone call and they have told me that the hospital concerned were in breach of regulations and i now have to inform the CCG for my area then they can fully investigate why no one bothered to contact myself to isolate or try and trace anyone who had been in contact with both of us.

this does mean that on the day Tee went in to hospital there was risk of exposure to covid but there is still the mystery of why the wards version was different to what was in the letter.

i have since spoken to some nurses about the situation and they do think that i might of had very mild case of covid and am suffering from long covid symptoms but as it is so long ago i can't even have a blood test to confirm anything.

the worse thing about the whole of this is that the hospital letter only arrived on the day of Tee's funeral which for me was very distressing to say the least.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I wish you well with this - though it is 'empty' for you since nothing can change Tee's demise - if what you can do now prevents such things happening to another grieving partner/family - then it is worthwhile.

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
it is very sad that they went and did this an update though they have found the hospital to be at fault so it is a little bit of justice in the world