Covid booster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi,
Had my booster this morning (hooray) and though I would test to see if it had made a difference to my sugar levels (I i know steroids can). Just tested and the result was 6 3 . No it didn't; so that answers that for me.

It is early days still for you as regards it having an impact on your levels. I had my booster on Monday afternoon and I started to feel a bit achy last night and my levels started to rise through the night. I woke up on 10.5 this morning and it ignored the first couple of insulin units I used to correct it but it came down when I got heavy handed with it. o_O

It is early days still for you as regards it having an impact on your levels. I had my booster on Monday afternoon and I started to feel a bit achy last night and my levels started to rise through the night. I woke up on 10.5 this morning and it ignored the first couple of insulin units I used to correct it but it came down when I got heavy handed with it. o_O
Oh I didn't realise that. Thanks

My plan is to get "boosted" on Saturday.
It is interesting read what effects others had but my experience from the first two is to be open to any eventuality.

Currently, my insulin requirements have reduced by about 15% - the jabs increased my insulin sensitivity. I guess that means my insulin costs less which slightly offsets the cost of the vaccine. I like to do my best to help save the NHS money!

Mine wandered about quite enthusiastically for 10 days both with higher FBG and unexplained spikes or longer highs post meals. Seems to have settled down now although FBG is still a few points higher than it was. I has no real reaction to 2 astrazeneca but booster was pfizer which may have made the difference - arm only mildly sore and a bit tired for several days. Actually I felt rather reassured as I did wonder if my steroids had depressed the reaction (and possibly the immune response) from the original 2.

Day 2 of my personal booster experiment. Not particularly scientific but this isn't my area of expertise.Sore arm of yesterday gone, am on my way to work and will do one final test and then put it to bed.

Day 2 of my personal booster experiment. Not particularly scientific but this isn't my area of expertise.Sore arm of yesterday gone, am on my way to work and will do one final test and then put it to bed.
I had a sore arm for couple days only with all 3 of my vaccines.

Good morning

Continuing the covid booster.Sore arm for a day, blood sugars fine. However I have since now received 4, yes 4 invitation texts from my surgery to have the booster jab. Once I had the jab i contacted the surgery to update my records... wonder how many more texts I will receive? Hell, if one is good 4 must be better.... ha ha.

Good morning

Continuing the covid booster.Sore arm for a day, blood sugars fine. However I have since now received 4, yes 4 invitation texts from my surgery to have the booster jab. Once I had the jab i contacted the surgery to update my records... wonder how many more texts I will receive? Hell, if one is good 4 must be better.... ha ha.
We had similar last week. My surgery is not part of Covid rollout, so another surgery are doing booster but not the one that did the first two. We had not heard coming up a week after were due, and had a text from National Service, so we booked via that. We had mid afternoon Thursday, we had just got home when we had our first text from the vaccine surgery, then the next 2 days had number if texts, which we ignored. Not had any now for 6days.
The booster is not showing on NHS app yet, and my GP System Online does not give me access to that part of my record.

My booster was my first Pfizer, and didn’t seem to add much extra chaos on top of the ‘bit of a cold’ I had at the time.

Had my booster Friday morning. Saturday glucose was fine, towards the lower level around 4. Same overnight. Yet today, Sunday, had a sudden spike up to 12 after lunch. Weird. Feeling slight flu symptoms. Guess that's why the rise. Took extra units to bring level back down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back