Covid booster side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandra29

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Hi, I was diagnosed as prediabetic in February with a blood level of 55. I managed to lower it to 41 in three months. I've been following a low carb/ sugar diet and have been feeling well and lost weight too. But since I had my booster on Saturday I've been feeling like I was before my diagnosis, shaky, peeing more and generally off. My first two jabs were AZ and I had no after effects but my booster was Pfizer and has made me feel iffy to say the least. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar and if so what they would suggest I do? I'm still keeping to a sensible diet so know that it's not diet related. I've googled it,like you do and it seems it can affect your blood sugar levels but am wondering if this is just a temporary blip or a more permanent thing. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Our blood sugars are affected by many things including food, exercise, drink, stress, weather, hormones, drugs (including vaccinations) and more.
To make things more "fun", the way these things affect our blood sugars is a personal thing - some people found the vaccines caused a rise and some found it caused a dip.
Typically, the effects are short term but we are all different.

It is likely your covid booster is the reason for your blood sugar rise and probable that it will be a temporary blip.

Hi, I was diagnosed as prediabetic in February with a blood level of 55. I managed to lower it to 41 in three months. I've been following a low carb/ sugar diet and have been feeling well and lost weight too. But since I had my booster on Saturday I've been feeling like I was before my diagnosis, shaky, peeing more and generally off. My first two jabs were AZ and I had no after effects but my booster was Pfizer and has made me feel iffy to say the least. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar and if so what they would suggest I do? I'm still keeping to a sensible diet so know that it's not diet related. I've googled it,like you do and it seems it can affect your blood sugar levels but am wondering if this is just a temporary blip or a more permanent thing. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Everything affects your blood sugar!
Usually it'll settle back down after anything up to a couple of weeks.

I had the booster a week and a half ago, I had a sore arm for a day, but oddly found I am much more sensitive to alcohol now?
Hopefully that will pass soon as well.

I had the booster a week and a half ago, I had a sore arm for a day, but oddly found I am much more sensitive to alcohol now?
Hopefully that will pass soon as well.
Nought wrong with being a cheap date 😉

I had 3 Pfizer and no effects on my glucose levels, and a sore arm for a few hours.

Last edited:
Yes my daughter had her first dose of Pfizer a couple of weeks ago (she's 15 so only just eligible) and has been running her insulin pump at an increased rate since then, started at 150% and I think she's now down to 120% so it's gradually improving. Sorry I don't have any brilliant ideas about what you can do about it when you are not on insulin, but hopefully it's only temporary so try not to worry too much!

My insulin needs increased after my booster jab on Saturday. Going down now though.

All you can do is lower your carb levels until back to normal and perhaps if up to it increase your exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back