COVID Booster jab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupat

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Has anyone with type 1diabetes had a problem with high glucose levels after having the booster jab. It has been five days since mine and sugar just settling now

Didn't seem to affect mine at all. The first vaccination did... but the 2nd and 3rd not.

Has anyone with type 1diabetes had a problem with high glucose levels after having the booster jab. It has been five days since mine and sugar just settling now
Haven't seen anyone complaining about the booster, but for the first two yes: some found higher glucose levels and some lower (and some no difference).

My first jab gave me flu like symptoms too. Can’t explain the high levels this time though

Yes, I did and they’re still settling. Weirdly, the first vaccine made me low for weeks and I had to reduce my insulin. The booster, however, has meant I’ve had to increase it.

All Pfizer. There’s no sense to diabetes sometimes.

That puts my mind at rest thank you it’s only been a week but only explanation I could find as I was fine

My daughter had her first one last weekend and has been running her pump at 150% since then just to try and keep her blood sugars normal. Had a couple of hypos yesterday so now at 130%

Oh, thats interesting. I had my booster last Monday, and I’ve been waking up in the 4s all this week, which is very unusual for me. I’d put it down to 'one of those things' but, we shall see, if it wears off.

If the other Covid jabs are anything to go by, we are all different.
I had az for my first,2 jabs and my levels have been down 15% since.
I had Pfizer for my booster and my levels temporarily went back to "normal' for a week
Some people have experienced highs from all jabs and some have experienced no effect

Didn’t really see any significant BG wobbliness from any of my Covid jabs

1st jab caused me to go low for a couple of days but fine with the subsequent 2 doses.

No problem with booster, not even sore arm. Had flu like symptoms with first jab nothing with second, symptoms only lasted 24 hrs & surprisingly had no impact on bg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back