Covid and diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullipepper

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi I was diagnosed type 2 last year and have had all my covid jabs and flu. I've not had the 4th one. I tested positive for covid on 1st april. I live alone so am bit nervous and have no advice on how to manage diabetes and covid. I have got my Hb1ac down from 7.4 to 6.4 and although i feel like i have a bad dose of the flu my sugars have remained in range continously. Just need some reassurance from others type 2s really just feel alone and very tearful. I'm not sure if its the covid causing the tears.

I am a recent COVID collector but I am T1 so have options such as increasing my insulin.
I had been very wary over the last couple of years with all the news about COVID ending with
‘…. Unless you have an underlying condition like Diabetes’. With this version my symptoms have been very mild and like you I have had my three jabs.

I will let others who are not injecting respond to your specific query about management. I hope that you feel a lot better soon, and glad that you have the forum to show you that you are not alone. Plenty of us have had our moments in tears in here. A good place for it.

I am a recent COVID collector but I am T1 so have options such as increasing my insulin.
I had been very wary over the last couple of years with all the news about COVID ending with
‘…. Unless you have an underlying condition like Diabetes’. With this version my symptoms have been very mild and like you I have had my three jabs.

I will let others who are not injecting respond to your specific query about management. I hope that you feel a lot better soon, and glad that you have the forum to show you that you are not alone. Plenty of us have had our moments in tears in here. A good place for it.
Thankyou so much for ryplying x

I had covid about a month after my third jab - it was pretty mild. I am a type 2 but am on a weight loss mission - I can't take cold medicine due to a tachycardia heart issue. I found covid made me lethargic and a bit down in the dumps, with mild cold symptoms. I think you will be ok. Chicken broth with chicken and cavalo nero helped me through it and watching the entire series of animal cops houston !! Hugs.

I'm too tired to write a long reply as i'm unwell with Covid, also live alone and tested positive day befoe you. I would say don't worry though, you've had normal bgs so far with it

I had covid about a month after my third jab - it was pretty mild. I am a type 2 but am on a weight loss mission - I can't take cold medicine due to a tachycardia heart issue. I found covid made me lethargic and a bit down in the dumps, with mild cold symptoms. I think you will be ok. Chicken broth with chicken and cavalo nero helped me through it and watching the entire series of animal cops houston !! Hugs.
Awe thankyou x

I'm too tired to write a long reply as i'm unwell with Covid, also live alone and tested positive day befoe you. I would say don't worry though, you've had normal bgs so far with it
Awe I hope you are ok. I've felt pretty rubbish so far. The muscle fatigue has set in . I've had a few hypos now but on the whole no high numbers. Its just a little scary when you see all the stories on line. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs xx

Awe I hope you are ok. I've felt pretty rubbish so far. The muscle fatigue has set in . I've had a few hypos now but on the whole no high numbers. Its just a little scary when you see all the stories on line. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs xx
Mainly struggling with dizziness, headaches and fatigue at the moment, still have a productive cough but it isn't too bad. My bgs are a bit spiky but not staying really high

Get well soon @Sullipepper and @Lucyr

Hopefully your jabs will mean it won’t be too grim for you both

Hope the fatigue eases soon and you have a speedy recovery

Get well soon @Sullipepper and @Lucyr

Hopefully your jabs will mean it won’t be too grim for you both

Hope the fatigue eases soon and you have a speedy recovery
I’m wondering if the jab being 6 months ago is why it’s more than the “mild cold” I keep hearing about!

I’m wondering if the jab being 6 months ago is why it’s more than the “mild cold” I keep hearing about!
That and/or just bad luck. With ~10% of the population being infected, quite a few will end up feeling quite ill.

I was infected at the end of last month - hardly felt ill at all and was over it in a few days - I suspect it throws my control out though, so I opened a box of pork chops, roasted a chicken and lived on meat and fish with salad stuff until I felt better.
I was rather put out that the people who infected me did not let me know, so I was out meeting people in the days before I found out. It would have been no bother for me to have isolated myself - if I had only known.
My husband has had a booster - at the time when I was ill with Covid last time, and he did not show any symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back