Couple angry at being accused by doctor of "wasting NHS money"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A COUPLE have spoken of their anger after a doctor accused them of ?wasting NHS money? when an operator at the non-emergency 111 helpline insisted on sending an ambulance to attend to their sick baby.

Lisa and David Lewarne of Gilesgate, Durham City, whose 11-month-old Amelia is now recovering from bronchiolitis, have complained to their local NHS Trust about the doctor?s ?blunt and rude? manner.

Mrs Lewarne said they had taken Amelia to the urgent care centre at University Hospital of North Durham on Thursday night after she developed breathing difficulties.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/ne...ing_accused_by_doctor_of__wasting_NHS_money_/

That's disgraceful! I hope it at least gets the doctor concerned a black mark in her record.

So so shocking, my father is a patcient of that hospital I was to when it was known as dry burn, the place is just 5 mins from dad, never heard anything bad from there but this is just shocking

I think this is the tip of a very large unpleasant iceberg as doctors take responsibility for finance, the pennies will be watched it's a shame that some havn't a clue about finances.

Shocking attitude, any parent will know that when a child is sick they are panic stricken and money doesn't come into the equation. The fact the baby needed antibiotics later in the day suggests the child was unwell and needed to be seen asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back