Could the libre link app on my phone be causing problems? I've just chewed through 3 sensors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sololite

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
I've been using libre for 4 years and recently got upgraded to libre 2

I use Samsung Android phone for all functions.
3 days ago I put a new sensor on. Straight away it stated giving the "try in 10 minute" messages before it finaly said sensor is faulty. Abbot are sending a replacement.

I put a new one on and straight away it started telling me to wait another 60 minutes after waiting for 60 already. I rang abbot who said the sensor is faulty and are sending another.

Today I put a third one and decided to activate it using the reader rather than the phone. All well and good. Scanning works fine with reader.

Then I thought I'd go for gold and see if my phone would work with it. Big mistake. Straight away both the phone and reader are giving the wait 10 minute messages.

This has to be the app causing trouble, I can't believe 3 immediate failures in a row are down to a 'faulty batch'.

Anyone experienced this seemingly endless loop of doom and has any advice to give please, its really making me frustrated and miserable.

I'm sure people have reported problems with particular phone models (I was guessing something odd with the NFC reader) but I haven't noticed people complaining more recently about that.

But maybe it's still sometimes an issue and maybe Libre 2 sensors are a bit more sensitive to whatever the problem is (as well as also including the variable Bluetooth hardware, of course)?

I use a Samsung Phone and don't have a problem, I thought the phone problem was with I Phones.

I use a Samsung Phone and don't have a problem, I thought the phone problem was with I Phones.
I may be misremembering, but I thought there were some Android phones which (people suspected) had unusually strong NFC or something that might be causing problems. (There have also been issues with iPhones but by their nature they tend to be more uniform whereas Android phones are all different (sometimes wildly so).)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back