coughs and diabetes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I know today somewhere someone said its not fair to blame diabetes on every ailment we get etc etc and im not I just wanted to ask a Q really.
Since the 15th Dec I have had a really bad cough my son and other half both had colds but are over them now, im not and it really hurts me, I was at the doctors on Monday and the doc said i dont have chest infection or anything so i was given medicine.It is very chesty and i often bring up mucus(sorry), it is even effecting me laughing when i laugh it starts really bad and strangely it makes me want to go the toilet to have a pee..Do people just think it is a cough thats lingering for abit longer then usual or do us diabetics suffer longer flus and coughs .?

P.S any suggestions on how to soothe my throat with something would be appreicated Caroline got me onto the hot orange but i would like abit more

Cheers x.

Hot honey and lemon works sooo well on throats.

I find that since ive had Diabetes cold/coughs linger on alot longer than they did, and longer than other people in my family with the same cold :(

Hot honey and lemon works sooo well on throats.

I find that since ive had Diabetes cold/coughs linger on alot longer than they did, and longer than other people in my family with the same cold :(

Honey is a fantastic anti-septic :D

I find colds head rapidly for my chest, where I used to have a sniffle for a few days once a year, now I get a cold and then it ends up on my chest for up to a month.

Seems to be just leaving it to get on with sorting itself out.

Honey is a fantastic anti-septic :D

I find colds head rapidly for my chest, where I used to have a sniffle for a few days once a year, now I get a cold and then it ends up on my chest for up to a month.

Seems to be just leaving it to get on with sorting itself out.

I guess i'll put up with it but fgs i cant even laugh.
ty katie i can stomach honey JUST about x

Well up at 3,5,7 with bloody cough, once i start takes me about 5 minutes to sort myself out .Im going to have a large mug of honey and lemon now

Well up at 3,5,7 with bloody cough, once i start takes me about 5 minutes to sort myself out .Im going to have a large mug of honey and lemon now

Some Earl Gray tea, black, a teaspoon of honey and a couple of thin slices of lemon - yummy

Wish I had some lemon but it fell in a glass of G&T I had - of course the best place for a lemon :D

Not for everyone but a small ammount of Jack Daniels helps when my cough is really bad. Can't stand the stuff normally, you only need about a teaspoon. One friend has whiskey honey and lemon, and my nan used to swear by cooking sherry. Again all you need is about a teaspoonfull. It has something to do with the way the alcohol works on the nerves in your throat, but I don't entirely understand the mechanics of it.

I was advised to stick to water, but that gets a bit boring after a while. Sometimes diet lemonade and diet coke help, but if you're trying to sleep too, not a good idea. Caffeine is a stimulant.

My advice to add to the hot lemon and honey is a teaspoon of glycerine. It helps lubricate your throat - an old trick told to me by my singing teacher to get me over concerts when I'd lost my voice. Seriously works, but I'd only use a teaspoon, otherwise it gives you the runs! :D

My advice to add to the hot lemon and honey is a teaspoon of glycerine. It helps lubricate your throat - an old trick told to me by my singing teacher to get me over concerts when I'd lost my voice. Seriously works, but I'd only use a teaspoon, otherwise it gives you the runs! :D

But not nitroglycerine 🙄 Not sure it would give you the runs, just everyone running away from you. :D

Well I've returned to work today, still got the cold and cough but the sore throat and wobblyhas gone.
The thing I stick to is paracetomol, loads of water, and Tunes do a sugar free version lozenge. I've only found the blackurrant type up to now. Best of luck

Hey hun,

Just wanted to say I hope you feel better soon, haven't got any advice other than lots of water and rest xxx

Hiya ty Emma hun hate having to go out i just wanna curl up in bed lol. x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back