Cost of test strips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leadinglights

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Somebody mentioned on another forum that the cost of the test strips for the Spirit TEE2 had gone up in price and sure enough on Amazon they are now approx £14 for 50.
This is now substantially more than the strips for the GlucoNavil.
Has anybody noticed this yet?

They are advertised at £9.99 on spirit health if that's any use to anybody xx

I think if you buy in bulk direct form Spirt health you can get a reduced rate and can claim the VAT off.
£ 14 is still half the price of strips for the most expensive meters.

I think if you buy in bulk direct form Spirt health you can get a reduced rate and can claim the VAT off.
On the Amazon page it says

Legal Disclaimer​

Diabetics are exempt from VAT, call our customer support line on 0800 8815423 and we will refund your VAT on this item​

On the Amazon page it says

Legal Disclaimer​

Diabetics are exempt from VAT, call our customer support line on 0800 8815423 and we will refund your VAT on this item​
I often buy Optium Test strips from Amazon and I have never seen that message.

I recently ordered the Gluco Navii BG set, plus 100 test strips and 200 lancets, can't get strips or lancets for my other BG meter as they are unavailable and no knowing when, or if. they might be back in stock... :( 100 Gluco Navii test strips are £13.98 so that looks like half the price of the Tee ones, £7.99 for the 200 lancets, from Amazon - VAT deducted on ordering by clicking the "Yes I have diabetes" box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back