Coronavirus Heroes

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Slightly outside the usual scope of this thread, but since we have several members (including @Stitch147) who fall into this category, and since we have so much to be thankful for, it seems wholly right and proper.

Is it possible to nominate the following persons too numerous to name individually to show our appreciation for their selfless efforts to see us through the present coronavirus crisis:
  • All NHS staff from receptionists to the consultants
  • All 'Key Workers' in the vital industries that keep us supplied with foods and goods
  • All other emergency services and the army.
  • All volunteer workers helping the vulnerable

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The nominator also encouraged adding anyone else we could think of, so I’d suggest also:
  • Those involved in transport, freight, warehousing and distribution
  • Refuse and recycling collection teams
  • Those working to share helpful and up today’s information, including the news and media

Andy HB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Here, Here!

I've been to the local Tesco twice since this all blew up and have nothing but praise for all the staff there.

Fortunately, I haven't needed to be anywhere near any of the other people you mention, but I am thinking of them all the time. I hope, once this is all over, we can properly look after them and treat them better than we have done in recent years.

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Those in the background who are ensuring that we still have WiFi, and those that have extended data packages, and additional Zoom time without extra charges.
So important to so many in isolation.

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
There are so many people to be grateful to as shown by the growing list.
I look forward to making a big noise with our neighbours.

Davein

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Post workers, postie today rang bell left parcel on doorstep, walked to end of drive making sure someone came to door, opened door & he give cheery wave back.
We had a couple of tracked parcels (thermometers} delivered that were ordered a while back and had put a notice on the front door explaining we were isolating. When I looked at the tracking info online the postie had signed CV-19 in the signature box, Didn't touch them for three days.

Jodee

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
The Police Force - I guess that comes under security.

I got myself a small metal tongue drum I am going to bang that :D