Cops shoot diabetic teen after car crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
?I didn?t know he was freakin? diabetic!? a Cleburne County, Alabama Sherrif?s Deputy is caught saying on camera as he shakes his head. At that point, though, it was too late: he had already used his Taser on the suspect. Twice.
That suspect was Ricky Jones, a 19-year-old diabetic patient who crashed his automobile in the city of Cleburne earlier this year after his blood sugar dropped dangerously low and he went into hypoglycemic shock. Deputy Dill of the Cleburne County Sherriff?s Department dropped by the scene and ordered Jones to exit his car. When the suspect was unresponsive, though, the officer assumed him to just be unwilling to cooperate.
?Do you understand that I?m talking to you? Answer my question. What?s the matter with you?? the cop barked.
Video footage obtained by a local CBS affiliate shows that deputy didn?t investigate much further. The officer asked for Jones? license and insurance, and when he was met with silence he issued him a warning: ?Step out of the vehicle. Or I will tase you!?
Jones was fired at, twice, 23 seconds after failing to recognize the cop?s commands.

http://rt.com/usa/news/diabetic-jones-cleburne-taser-346/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back