Copilot Health Mgt System

Status
Not open for further replies.

margie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Is anyone using this.

I downloaded it and yesterday received the cable. When i plug the cable in it flashes green, orange, green as it should. When I attach it to the meter it tells me it is attached to the PC. However, when I try and import the data from the meter it doesn't work. It says its reading for ages, then the meter turns off and after a further period I get a message saying the meter isn't responding.

My best guess is that it is getting confused about the ports even though I have set it up correctly.

I rang the helpline and they said they will send a copy of the software on CD just in case, and a battery.

Has anyone else had any problems or can anyone suggest a fix ?

Can't help, but I'll push this up to give others a chance to read before it drops too far.

Which BG meter do you have?

Is the cable a virtual serial port?

Some software cannot cope with serial ports COM4 or above.

I had a similar problem with my Accu-chek software. I just deleted all the serial ports in Windoze and rebooted. Plugged the cable in, let windoze detect it and and software worked.

I have an Optium Xceed - from the drop down menu - you can get it to scan the ports or select a particular port - that doesn't seem to work.

I will take your advice Tez and see if that helps. I'll wait till lunch to see if the CD turns up, not that I can see being the solution.

Most firms want your custom, so it may also be an idea to contact the people that make it and see what they have to say. Most people say the help desk and technical support people are great.

Hello,

I've been writing my own program to read the data from various meters. I have the OneTouch UltraSmart and UltraEasy working.

I then started looking at the Optium Xceed but it's proving more difficult. It uses a very strange way of communicating with the PC which can cause the problems you are having.

Not to get too technical, but the OneTouch meters usually connect first time, and at most need 3 goes.

The Optium Xceed can require more than 20 retries before it does the initial connection. It seems to be ok once it's connected, but getting the first response can be a nightmare.

I have a small program which scans all COM ports and tries to read the Optium Xceed Serial number. I can send it to you if you want to give it a try.

NiVZ

Through a bit of jiggery pokery (not sure of the spelling) I have managed to get the software to read the meter - unfortunately it then gives a checksum error.

I have made sure that the time between the meter and pc matches as the person I spoke to said did I know how to amend the time and then said they would send a disc with the software on. I originally downloaded it. I am wondering whether I didn't get a clean install so I will uninstall the software and delete the directory created and try a clean install. I say this because when I manually uninstalled the software and reinstalled using the downloaded installation settings - I did not have to answer any questions that I had first time throgh

If that doesn't work I will give the Abbots Health Care help desk another call, though I suspect this is all a bit technical for them. I mean I said the meter was timing out and switching off and the answer was to send me a battery even though I do not have a low battery symbol. So moving in the right direction.

I am off to the Docs shortly

If it's any help.
I use Copilot Version: 4.0 INTL with Win7 32Bit. Freestyle and Freestyle Lite meters. Never had any problems since install from Disc. You should get 2 CD's from Abbott. 1. USB Data Cable Software, which has to be loaded first, and 2. The Copilot program. Did you download the Cable Software ?

Help>About shows

System Status
Available COM Ports
COM9
COM8
COM4
COM7
COM5

System Memory Summary
32 bytes in the memory status record

48% of memory in use

2147483647 bytes physical memory
1622601728 bytes available physical memory

4294967295 bytes in the paging file
4294967295 bytes available in the paging file

2147352576 bytes of user address space
2017992704 bytes of user address space available
United Kingdom (2057)
Handler Summary:
1: AbbottHandler.HA Ver: 2.0.1.490
Importer Version: 2.1.0.464
Product name: CoPilot Health Management System
Version: 4.0 INTL
Internal version: 4.0.1.1469
Copyright 2006, Abbott Diabetes Care
All rights reserved

Last edited:
Sometimes, when i plug my meter in it takes ages to read and then comes up with error and takes several attempts for the data to transfer. No idea why or how to fix your problem but just to let you know that it has caused me problems also.

I recently got a data cable and software for my meter after struggling to get it to load I contacted the helpline and they talked me though downloading some extra software which was easily done and it now works perfectly. .Maybe you could ring again. Good luck it's great when it works

Hurray - I've got it working.

I had to uninstall the software, remove the directory and reinstall.
I have uploaded the data but need to go through and change some of the data, and add info on meals etc - it will keep me out of trouble for a while.

Thanks to all who helped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back