Convert readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinty2001

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Good morning ! I am 5.3 this morning and would like to know how to convert it to Hb1ac. Is there a chart ?

Good morning ! I am 5.3 this morning and would like to know how to convert it to Hb1ac. Is there a chart ?
This gives a rough idea.

Attachments

• BG Converter.jpg
    BG Converter.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 11
One blood reading from this morning is on no way comparable to a hba1c. Even the convertor above doesn’t help as the hba1c is a measure of blood sugar throughout the entire day not just one reading one morning

One blood reading from this morning is on no way comparable to a hba1c. Even the convertor above doesn’t help as the hba1c is a measure of blood sugar throughout the entire day not just one reading one morning
That's true and I should have made the same point. I've used the converter to get a rough idea of where my HbA1c might be but I've always picked a 3-month average of finger prick readings to make the comparison. Even then I allow +/- 2 on the HbA1c, so a range rather than an absolute.

That's true and I should have made the same point. I've used the converter to get a rough idea of where my HbA1c might be but I've always picked a 3-month average of finger prick readings to make the comparison. Even then I allow +/- 2 on the HbA1c, so a range rather than an absolute.
I will just leave it to the doctors and keep an eye on my weight and readings to keep me in remission. Thank you again Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back