Control IQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally71

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Well I think we can say that Control IQ is a success. Had first check-up today since switching the pump over in December. HbA1c has dropped from 54 to 43, time in range (4.0-10.0) has gone up from a paltry 39% to much better 78%. Pump now officially knows what it’s doing better than we do!! I used to think that it wasn’t possible for my daughter to have a HbA1c lower than 48 without being hypo half the time, obviously that isn’t true. I’ve certainly noticed that we get a lot less Dexcom alarms going off. The only thing that annoys my daughter a bit is the amount of alerts you get from the pump itself telling you what it’s doing, reducing basal, suspending basal, please eat something because you are 5.4 but dropping very fast, etc etc. But those are the best results we’ve ever had I think so clearly this system is the best we’ve ever had. Big thumbs up from us!

Excellent news! So please for you and and your daughter.

That’s brilliant and mind-blowing @Sally71 - I’m so pleased for you both. 🙂

Amazing @Sally71. That’s such a huge benefit for you both!

Many of those alarms you mention are optional. You can switch off any you don’t find helpful (remember it won’t catch all lows, so some early alerts are handy).

I mostly just let mine get on with it quietly 🙂

Amazing @Sally71. That’s such a huge benefit for you both!

Many of those alarms you mention are optional. You can switch off any you don’t find helpful (remember it won’t catch all lows, so some early alerts are handy).

I mostly just let mine get on with it quietly 🙂
Ah I did wonder that, I’ll get my daughter to have a look and see if she can shut any of them up, so far that’s about the only bad thing she’s had to say about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back