Contour plus blue meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikki

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Anyone have this meter as I cant find any reviews on it ?

Contour meters are generally known to be a very good brand, I use the Contour Next One meter and find it great xx

If it's the contour next meter then it's very good.
Just had a look it's a new meter which requires different test strips to the other contour range. It has the same features as the next plus a few extras and it doesn't appear to talk to insulin pump.

Last edited:
Anyone have this meter as I cant find any reviews on it ?
I see you are Type 2...... Are you likely to be self funding test strips for this meter? If so then we would usually recommend the Gluco navii or the Spirit Healthcare Tee2 as these meters are both well tried and tested by forum members and found to be reliable and economical to use as the test strips are some of the cheapest on the market and it is the cost of the test strips which is an important consideration when self funding. Some manufacturers will give away the meter kit for free because they make all their money on the test strips and there can be a huge variation in price. It can range from about £8 for a pot of 50 test strips for the Gluco Navii to £25+ for a pot of 50 test strips for some other fancy meters.

I see you are Type 2...... Are you likely to be self funding test strips for this meter? If so then we would usually recommend the Gluco navii or the Spirit Healthcare Tee2 as these meters are both well tried and tested by forum members and found to be reliable and economical to use as the test strips are some of the cheapest on the market and it is the cost of the test strips which is an important consideration when self funding. Some manufacturers will give away the meter kit for free because they make all their money on the test strips and there can be a huge variation in price. It can range from about £8 for a pot of 50 test strips for the Gluco Navii to £25+ for a pot of 50 test strips for some other fancy meters.
Thanks for the thought but am insulin dependant so have strips on script and am so thankful for that as so many have to pay

@rebrascora the contour plus strips are only about £11 for a pot of 50 so not too bad xx

The older Contour ’teardrop’ shaped meter that linked to my Veo was pretty flaky, and nothing like as accurate as the Next XT (USB shaped) ones.

Seems that the Contour Plus Blue uses ‘Contour Plus’ strips, so not the XT ones - but hopefully they have upgraded the accuracy and repeatability of results vs the old meters in that shape!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back