Contour Monitor Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaine42

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have just attempted to order batteries for the first time. It is two years since I was first diagnosed and this is the first time I have had to replace the batteries. The Bayer website won't let me. It tells me that I cannot order batteries until February 2010. I have sent them an e-mail explaining that I have not replaced the batteries before. Any suggestions would help.

I have just attempted to order batteries for the first time. It is two years since I was first diagnosed and this is the first time I have had to replace the batteries. The Bayer website won't let me. It tells me that I cannot order batteries until February 2010. I have sent them an e-mail explaining that I have not replaced the batteries before. Any suggestions would help.

I use an AccuChek (Roche) and they let you order either via the net or by phone. Is there a phone number you can ring? There may be a problem with the Bayer site and you could get better sense out of a human being. I can't imagine they would risk losing a user of their strips for the cost of a battery!😱

like northener said if theres a number i'd ring not to sure if they are open now or tomorrow with it being bank hols , but im joined up to abbotts and i just have to put an order in for batts and they come next 2 days same with the solution, seems bad that they say 2010

What kind of batteries does your meter take? I have a spare set if you want them urgently. PM me with your address and battery type and I'll stick them in the post.

Abbott

like northener said if theres a number i'd ring not to sure if they are open now or tomorrow with it being bank hols , but im joined up to abbotts and i just have to put an order in for batts and they come next 2 days same with the solution, seems bad that they say 2010

I have the Optium Xceed as need to test for ketones quite often and this does both, and after reading your post i went on the website and ordered batts (just in case) solution and the cables for hooking up to my laptop and downloaded all the software, didn't get charged and the service was brilliant as it was so easy and quick to do :D

I've always got them easily when I've rung up, this is Abbott though, I have generally been satisfied with their service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back