Consultant video call today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy2202

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Today I had an online video call with a consultant from the hospital, which I’m guessing it the norm around the 6 month mark post diagnosis.
Overall he’s very happy with how I’m managing, and said I clearly know what I’m doing & have done my research (which without this forum I wouldn’t know half as much)

Interestingly, he told me that my Hba1c at diagnosis was 96. Which rules out my theory that the first Covid vaccine kickstarted my type 1 diabetes.

There are many people who are diagnosed with Type 1 after their Covid vaccine. How long after the vaccine were you diagnosed? It could be that the diabetes could have started months before but the vaccine just happened at the same time you noticed the symptoms

There are many people who are diagnosed with Type 1 after their Covid vaccine. How long after the vaccine were you diagnosed? It could be that the diabetes could have started months before but the vaccine just happened at the same time you noticed the symptoms
1st Covid vaccine 10/06/21
Symptoms started 23/06/21
Hospitalised 30/06/21
BG 32.7
Ketones 3
(And just found out today HBA1C 96)

Hospitalised 30/06/21
BG 32.7
Ketones 3
Unless your numbers had been running that high for twenty days then there’s no way the vaccine started it.But it’s one of those things that you’ll probably never figure out

I though that HbA1c was based on haemaglobin from about the last three months? So like Lily123 says, you'll never know, but it doesn't look like it to me from the dates.
https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-to-diabetes/managing-your-diabetes/hba1c "Red blood cells are active for around 2-3 months..." I think Haemaglobin is part of the red blood cells or it might be the red blood cells. I should have listened better at school!

Hospitalised 30/06/21
BG 32.7
Ketones 3
Your a1c of 96 is an average over 2-3 months, so much longer than time since your Covid jab. You must have started developing diabetes before the jab and timing is just a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back