Constant Womans Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmirahsMummy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi.
Sorry for the in depth post in advance but does anyone suffer with Vaginal itchiness, rawness, redness, sore vaginal area, the inside skin sometimes breaks too.
I have been suffering for over a year & this last few months i have barely been able to wipe myself with a tissue.
I dont have any discharge & i know i don't control my diabeties type 2 as well as i should, i do take metoformin tho. I have finally made an appointment with my GP for next week, but i would just like to know if anyone else had had the same issues & how was it resolved.
Most days it’s absolutely unbearable.
Again sorry for going into details, dont judge please xx

I used to have a similar problem. I tackled my blood sugar control by dropping my carb intake to 20g max (ish) per day.
My blood sugars normalised and I haven't had a problem since. For me it was thrush and thrush thrives on a body that has a high blood sugar. I am afraid that you can throw all the canestan cream at it and the cream will deal with it to begin with but as long as the blood sugars are high it will come back.

Hi and welcome.

Oh gosh! Poor you! Sounds like a really nasty thrush infection. So pleased you are going to see the doc about it but wish you had made an appointment sooner.
Do you test your BG (Blood Glucose) levels with a finger prick? I am guessing that your levels are quite high and that is why you are suffering with what sounds like a really nasty infection. Unfortunately taking Metformin on it's own will not manage your diabetes effectively and it needs to be combined with lifestyle changes ie dietary changes and more activity. It sounds like you have reached the point where your body is trying to get rid of the excess glucose in your blood by spilling it out into your urine and that is feeding the fungal infection. Getting better control of your diet particularly will help long term but some treatment for the thrush and more support for your diabetes treatment is needed.

The best thing is to see your GP which you are going to do but I suspect he will suggest better blood glucose management as one of the things you can do to help yourself. If your glucose levels are high, you will be providing the environment that bacteria and yeast just adore. If your urine is very acidic or alkaline that can have an impact. As soon as you get the correct treatment it should improve.
Many would try over the counter preparations which are limited in the strength that can be sold so may not work if things have got as severe as you describe. It must be very uncomfortable for you.
You probably don't need to go to such low carb daily amount but should certainly be looking at having no more than 130g per day total carbs.
Have a look at this link for some ways of modifying your diet. https://lowcarbfreshwell.co.uk/

pretty much the same as @NotWorriedAtAll with the recurrent thrush until bgs got into better ranges.
Its miserable and you do have my sympathies. (hugs)

It bears saying that creams like Canestan don’t agree with everyone and can also cause irritation themselves. So if it is thrush and you get treatment and it’s not helping, try a fluconazole tablet (which you take by mouth).

Ultimately, keeping better blood sugar control should help, but don’t suffer. Get something to soothe the area while you work on your control.

It bears saying that creams like Canestan don’t agree with everyone and can also cause irritation themselves. So if it is thrush and you get treatment and it’s not helping, try a fluconazole tablet (which you take by mouth).

Ultimately, keeping better blood sugar control should help, but don’t suffer. Get something to soothe the area while you work on your control.
That reminds me - actual yoghurt - plain with plenty of healthy bacteria works well to soothe and deal with it because the healthy bacteria clean up the excess sugar in the area and help rebalance the naturally occurring bacteria that should be there and the cool yoghurt is immediately soothing.

Hi there @AmirahsMummy. Sorry to hear about your ongoing problem. I was exactly the same before I was diagnosed with diabetes - it was because of the constant high glucose (that I didn't realise I had). It went on for months and was really awful, so I 100% sympathise. Once my BG was back in range, the problem disappeared. That was the only solution for me (the creams didn't work). I hope you can get it sorted asap.

I used to have a similar problem. I tackled my blood sugar control by dropping my carb intake to 20g max (ish) per day.
My blood sugars normalised and I haven't had a problem since. For me it was thrush and thrush thrives on a body that has a high blood sugar. I am afraid that you can throw all the canestan cream at it and the cream will deal with it to begin with but as long as the blood sugars are high it will come back.
I can second this post completely. I had the exact problem the lady describes. Constant itching and being extremely sore probably was the only indicator i had diabetes. I’d had swabs and used every cream known to man, as soon as my blood sugars were under control it totally vanished in mean gone… never came back… bliss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back