confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teresa S

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi everyone,
ive only just started using a computer so i'm very green to say the least! I keep getting lost & giving up. I can't believe ive actually managed to send a couple of threads but i'm sure others have gone awol. What ive managed to do up to now is down to sheer luck!
Anyway,you seem a very friendly bunch so i think i'll stick around. thanks to .....i cant remember who now, (sorry) for clarifying MDI. I will look into psychologist ,tho my son has seen a Community Psych Nurse, quickly got rid of her ,saying he had seen the light & he was fine. Lol! I will suggest coming on here but he will be angry that ive told all this stuff about him even tho ive not said his name. Should i have changed my name?
I contacted the DSN today & asked her to phone my son re: Dafne course thanks to advice from you guys. I'll ask my son (who is now called Tom to make it easier!) if i can go to next appt with him, thanks Hev???
My first attempt on here was to Pigeon but ive no idea if it went to another planet ! Forgive me Pigeon.
Luv T

hi Teresa your going great its all about learning your posting so thats a start x

Your son sounds like a star tbh i hope all goes well x if you need to know any computer Questions theres a few in here who can advise x

Last edited:
Steff's right T, the fact you registered yourself and posted is great guns, you'll soon get used to things here and see how to do this that and t'other, and you can always ask one of guys/gals!

Re your son, being one I know I wouldn't take it well if me ma suggested this place, but if I stumbled along it myself fine, so try and drop hints, "have you looked for any diabetes websites do they help you at all or give any support, aren't there chat rooms and forums??" you gotta guide it the way you know best. Then again as you can tell from this place, and no one take this the wrong way, it could appear that being on such a place is more comfortable to the female species? What does that say about me I'm not sure I want to open this discussion point! But I guess I'm just saying some of us guys don't open up much!

Not sure if that helps but good luck with it all.

Rossi:D

Hi Rossi_Mac, cheers for your help. I'll do as u suggest & drop hints to Tom. I dont think he'll be interested tho as like u said he's one of the guys that doesn't like opening up. One can but try & i'm very good at that ! Lol.T

Hi Rossi_Mac, cheers for your help. I'll do as u suggest & drop hints to Tom. I dont think he'll be interested tho as like u said he's one of the guys that doesn't like opening up. One can but try & i'm very good at that ! Lol.T

I think even if he doesn't post here, just reading the stories of people his age and how they feel about diabetes might help. He needs to know that he can be angry about diabetes, but he can't ignore it unfortunately.

Hello Teresa, yes I got your reply, so don't worry! Sorry I haven't been online much this week to respond to it. You're doing really well if you're only just learning to use a computer!

Glad to hear you've got some good suggestions on here. I think going to see the DSN with him sounds like a good idea, it can help to have someone go with you to help you take everything on board, or ask questions you don't think of.

I know there are a few people on here who say they rebelled against diabetes when they were younger, so maybe then can help you with what made them take it seriously in the end? I got it when I was 26, so I think my rebellious years were over by then and I didn't have too much trouble getting used to the practical side of things. The emotional aspects were harder though, which is why it's good to know people in the same boat, even if it's online rather than face to face.

Hang on in there, and I hope things get better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back