Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Good morning , well l was on steroids for 2 year's.l had a blood test which told my doctor that l was diabetics (55)
Finally I'm off steroids and have had another blood test, this result was 46. I have only been off steroids for 3 weeks. Could my readings go down further do you think. IAM not over weight l was 8 .7 but I have lost a stone In weight over about 5 months so I now weigh 7.9. l haven't any appetite. Please can someone out there help me.

Hi Joshua - steroids can and do increase the blood glucose and as the limit above which diabetes is diagnosed is 48, your doctor was correct in saying you now had diabetes. Your latest blood test is now below the 48 so that's good - but not low enough to show you don't have it - it'd need to be below 42 for that.

Not sure what you need help with? Were you prescribed any medication for the diabetes?

Good morning , well l was on steroids for 2 year's.l had a blood test which told my doctor that l was diabetics (55)
Finally I'm off steroids and have had another blood test, this result was 46. I have only been off steroids for 3 weeks. Could my readings go down further do you think. IAM not over weight l was 8 .7 but I have lost a stone In weight over about 5 months so I now weigh 7.9. l haven't any appetite. Please can someone out there help me.
Hi Joshua and welcome to the forum.
Has your GP checked your cortisol levels to make sure you do not have steroid induced Addison's disease? This would account for lack of appetite and weight loss.
You really need to go talk to your GP though as losing weight and no appetite is something your GP needs to be aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back