confused over tuna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I dont know if this is in the right place if it aint then can someone put it in the appropriate section.

Anyway as you all know im currently doing the X-PERT course well on todays tour we came across tuna and the lady who runs the course said only go with tuna thats contains omega 3 does it all not contain that? and she then went on to say your better off going with salmon it is so much better i was like oh wow i have been having the tuna in spring water snce DX .Can anyone clarify to me the better tuna to have , as im not a great lover of salmon.

To my knowledge only fresh tuna still has omega 3 in it! The canned stuff for some reason doesn't! Whereas with salmon fresh or tinned has it! Thats off top of my head...so anyone feel free to correct me! 🙂

To my knowledge only fresh tuna still has omega 3 in it! The canned stuff for some reason doesn't! Whereas with salmon fresh or tinned has it! Thats off top of my head...so anyone feel free to correct me! 🙂

Thanks fuzzy , well i learnt something else then.

Thanks ever so much thats a brill link karina your a star, oh wlel if i douse the salmon in vinegar i might just stomach it.

Did you know that acidic things like vinegar can lower the GI of food....
So you could also try lemon juice. Just an idea.

Did you know that acidic things like vinegar can lower the GI of food....
So you could also try lemon juice. Just an idea.

Cheers Tez i just remembered i have heartburn sometimes and im trying to avoid acidid as much as possible x

As a general rule of thumb, if the tin says a product contains this or that, it does. If the ingredient isn't listed, it probably isn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back