Confused on low readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetsatin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all
Since Sunday i have been getting readings in the 3;s
Most shocking 1 today for instance i ate a banana at 9am, 10am i had 2 slices of white bread toasted with diabetic Jam don't normally have white bread but i did so therefore my BG;s would of been high, all i did was have a shower within 10 mins of eating then got dressed.
Decided to test as i was going out walking round town i was a shocking 3.2 😱
can anyone explain why this is happening?
I am at my 2nd expert course tomorrow & will see the dsn as she is sitting in for the programms, see what she says, but is so confusing as i am only diet/exercise controll, lucky i tested my BGs i had no warning this time where as i did on sunday/monday when i was 3.6 & 3.7
Does this mean my body is producing more insulin than it was before?

Are you maybe using too much fast acting insulin?

Ah- just seen you're T2... maybe not?

What medicines do you use?

Ah- just seen you're T2... maybe not?

What medicines do you use?

Only have pain killers at night & Amitryptline, & my inhalers if needed for Asthma

I must be blind! Just re-read your post and saw you said that! My apologies!

Hmmm- not sure what it could be in that case! Sorry :(

Possibly honeymoon period when the pancreas starts working a bit harderor producing more insulin or we have had a cold snap, you are using up more energy keeping warm so numbers are dropping.

Please come back and let us know how you are getting on with the expert programme. I did my third session yesterday and am finding the reminders very useful.

I looked up Amitryptline on the internet and it helpfully said that it can increase blood sugar in some people and decrease it in others. Possibly it is decreasing it for you.

If your inhaler is a steroid inhaler you may find your Blood sugar goes up when you use it.

Non-diabetics can have hypos when they have not eaten for a long period, the body will react by releasing glucose into the blood stream and unless there is some other medical condition that will redress the balance.
Given you are on no diabetic meds I would suspect this is what happened - it may be that the food you had eaten had not hit your system (so to speak). The reason its important to treat a hypo if you are on insulin is that the body's regulatory system in unlikely to fix the problem and you will keep dropping - you don't have that issue.

Speak to your DSN as she should be able to put your mind at rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back