Confused.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnamarie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just phoned my surgery to get my blood test results and spoke to admin and was told the result is 48 - 59, i told her that I did not understand that but I would look on internet for conversion - but it works out 2.8 - 3.2 (or something like that) That can not be right i do not have that many hypos.

Thought i'd ask you guys as DN not in today and can't be bothered to try and speak to Dr.

Cheers:confused:

Hi,

Check out the HbA1c link at the top of the page (above "support") - should explain it!

Hi Donna I had exactly the same experience a few weeks ago - asked the GP receptionist for my hba1c result and got told 58! It confused me for a second then she said 'oh there's another value here' which was one I recgonised...7.5 I think it was. It's just the new way of giving results, a lot of people including myself are grumbling about it!

I'm impressed - 6.5 - 7.5 - I did not think it was going to be that, thanks for that link. :D

If it were me I would be wanting the exact number..........

Well done again.........

I'm impressed - 6.5 - 7.5 - I did not think it was going to be that, thanks for that link. :D

They are supposed to be quoting both types of numbers until next year. I got mine a few weeks ago as a percentage, but not as a mmol/mol. I agree that I would like a more accurate figue as it is very important whether you are 6.5% or 7.5%, very surprised they didn't just quote one figure.:confused:

Now I'm jealous, if I want test results I have to make an appointment to see the doctor as the receptionists are not allowed to say.

The way my clinic works is you go into see the blood takers....

They take your weight, blood pressure and some blood, either through vein or finger depending on testing equipment then you sit down again.

Moment later the consultant calls you in to talk business, having with him the almighty glycated haemaglobin figure......

Thats happens every 3-6 months, was 3 recently as my BP being monitored for minor retinopathy, now back to 6.

Is this not the same for everyone (type 1)

...Thats happens every 3-6 months, was 3 recently as my BP being monitored for minor retinopathy, now back to 6.

Is this not the same for everyone (type 1)

There seem to be so many different procedures up and down the country. I have an annual review at the Diabetes clinic with a consultant where they take the blood a week before. I also choose to have 6-monthly tests with my GP for HbA1c, BP, and kidney and liver function. I have separate annual checks with the podiatrist and for retinopathy scans. So far I've been very happy with the treatment I've received.

Just phoned my surgery to get my blood test results and spoke to admin and was told the result is 48 - 59, i told her that I did not understand that but I would look on internet for conversion - but it works out 2.8 - 3.2 (or something like that) That can not be right i do not have that many hypos.

Thought i'd ask you guys as DN not in today and can't be bothered to try and speak to Dr.

Cheers:confused:

Hi Donnamarie, both the old and new reporting results of HbA1c are in force until June 2011 so you should have been given the old one whan you telephones but 48 - 59mmol/mol would be 6-5 - 7-0%.
You can obtain a leaflet free with the old and new results from PRONTAPRINT, by e-mailing diabetes@leicester.prontaprint.com
or on Diabetes UK site by going to Guide to Diabetes on home page and then down to Glucose Levels and it will then give you a HbA1c converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back