confused about a ratio thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

litto-miss-loz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hey all,

cant remember if ive asked this before or not lol but il go ahead anyway 😛

see wen ur workin out how much qa insulin and ur on a 1 and a half:1 ratio' would it be like this or like this? the example r below 🙂

example

if u were havin two slices of toast = 4cps and ur blood sugar was at 13, so that would be 2 extra units to correct so that would = 6 units for 1:1 but if it was 1 and a half: 1 then would u add 3 units onto the 6 units or would u only do the one and a half for the food part and then add the correction seperate,
so then it could either work out at 8 units to take or 9 units ???

i hope u all understand wot i mean lol even im confused wen i read it bk haha

any feedback would be appriciated :D taaaaaaaa xxxxxx

The way I was taught on DAFNE was that you would do the 1.5 for the food, and do the correction separate, so for your example the toast would be 6 units, and then add 2 units on for the correction would give 8 units total. 🙂

It is possible that you might have different correction ratios for different times of the day, but that is separate from food.

I find it easiest to work out the bolus for the food, then add the correction after that as my correction factor doesn't necessarily correlate to my bolus ratio.
So in the example 4cps would require 6units of insulin on a 1.5:1 ratio. On top of that I'd add the correction, my correction factor is about 1unit to drop me 2.5 so I'd add 3 units on, making a total dose of 9 units. Of course what you'd do might be different depending how much you expect a unit of correction to bring you down.
Other people may have different methods, I just find separating the two parts easier.

The way I was taught on DAFNE was that you would do the 1.5 for the food, and do the correction separate, so for your example the toast would be 6 units, and then add 2 units on for the correction would give 8 units total. 🙂

It is possible that you might have different correction ratios for different times of the day, but that is separate from food.

fanks for ur advice :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back