Conflicting Diets

Sticksman

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Hi, newb here. I have been diagnosed as pre-diabetic but also suffer from reflux/hiatus hernia. A low carb diet would seem to be favoured for pre-diabetes whilst a low fat diet is essential to tackle the reflux problem. Has anyone else faced this dichotomy?, and how did you resolve it? Thanks.

I actually do both for the same reasons, plus high cholesterol - low carb, low fat. But I have upped my protein so I don't get too hungry.

Hi, newb here. I have been diagnosed as pre-diabetic but also suffer from reflux/hiatus hernia. A low carb diet would seem to be favoured for pre-diabetes whilst a low fat diet is essential to tackle the reflux problem. Has anyone else faced this dichotomy?, and how did you resolve it? Thanks.
I used the iqoro device for my silent reflux. It’s kinda expensive for what is essentially a piece of plastic but it worked really well. It’s especially good for hiatus hernia. If I don’t use it for a week or so it the reflux comes straight back, so i start the training again and hey presto it disappears! I can’t guarantee the same results for others and I don’t have a hernia but it changed my life and no more meds xx

Thanks Emma, the Iquoro device checks out on the NICE site for people not wanting to take PPIs, (like me), so I will give it a try, just need the courage to spend that much cash on a plastic gum guard, joke :)

Well if you buy 2 you get £70 off! Really not sure why you would need a spare lol, great if you have two mouths or a friend with reflux I suppose

Well if you buy 2 you get £70 off! Really not sure why you would need a spare lol, great if you have two mouths or a friend with reflux I suppose
The warranty is only 7 months and their usable lifespan is only 12 months, £145, mmmm.

I’ve had mine about a year so I best be careful with it! I used it for about 3 months as instructed and then just did what they call maintenance a couple of times a week. Not sure how it could break ? Unless you stood on it I suppose but its pretty sturdy. Or maybe it self destructs after 12 months. Sure I saw similar devices on Amazon that were cheaper once.

Back