Conflicted

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfpipMarathon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
It's been nearly a month since my last Libre sensor expired. I am waiting until my phone contract expires and I change my phone before deciding on my next step.

Although I love the Libre 2 and how it's helped me keep an eye on my blood glucose it's expensive for just 14 days and oddly enough I have not missed wearing one and have not had any great urgency to get another one.

I'm not sure if I should bother

Why not try a trial period without it? You could do a certain number of weeks and then re-assess. There’s certainly no need to pay out for one if you’re ok without it. It’s what works for you as an individual 🙂

Sorry but I thought the trail is for people,who are not existing customers.

When I was self funding, I used a Libre for 2 weeks and then had 4 weeks off.
During my 2 weeks with the Libre, I set myself targets to gather information that I could then use during the other 4 weeks.
For example, I would trial different foods or see the impact of a different type of exercise.

Why not try a trial period without it? You could do a certain number of weeks and then re-assess. There’s certainly no need to pay out for one if you’re ok without it. It’s what works for you as an individual 🙂
Thank you for your reply. My next HbA1c is due in February so if I restarted using either Libre 2 or GlucoRX I would start again in November.

I took it the other way!
Interesting how do you mean I took it the other way?

I like Libre 2 as I said in my post and would like to have continuous use but can't afford it as self funding. The downside to having it on prescription would be that you will have certain rules or requirements to justify having it. The upside of self funding is one is accountable to oneself only.

There are pros and cons to both options.

I should have stated that in my post. Because of the cost I can't afford to have continuous use hence my conflict between carrying on using or stopping permanently.
Those aren’t your only options. You can just use libre sensors now and again. When you’ve got a holiday and want a break from fingerpricking. Or when you’re having a troublesome time of blood sugars and want to figure some things out etc. It’s not all or nothing.

Those aren’t your only options. You can just use libre sensors now and again. When you’ve got a holiday and want a break from fingerpricking. Or when you’re having a troublesome time of blood sugars and want to figure some things out etc. It’s not all or nothing

You're right. Just wish I could I afford to self fund continuously. I'm still debating whether to go with GlucoRX* or stay with Libre 2. The former* because the sensors are cheaper. I will make a decision once my phone contract expires and I have changed my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back