Confined to barracks

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My eldest has developed a temperature. Highly unlikely to be Covid I think, as it’s the only symptom, but we’ve ordered a postal test and will be staying in until we get the results.

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hope they feel better soon and test comes back negative. I find paracetamol works well for bringing temperature down.

The virus does seem to be much more prevalent now. I am told my nearest neighbour has it and my young friend who rides with us is isolating because her parents have it. We live in a rural community and felt quite distanced from it, so it was quite a shock to hear of local people we know getting it!

Sally71

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Fingers crossed that it isn’t that, and they get better soon!

@rebrascora maybe the virus only seems more prevalent because tests are easier to get now? My sister in law is convinced she had it in March, she was quite poorly for at least a week, her husband doesn’t agree because he recovered completely within a couple of days so he thinks whatever they had must have been something else. But at the time you couldn’t get tested so they'll never really know!

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Maybe, but I hadn't even heard of anyone isolating locally except for people who had been away on holiday, until now. My lifestyle isn't changing as I have very little contact with people anyway and I am fit and healthy and my BG levels are pretty good, so despite my "shielding" letter I am just continuing to be careful like most people but otherwise carry on as normal.

Robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hope you’re 'released' soon! According to my sister, your city has been a hotbed of Covid for several weeks. Their garden backs on to a Uni hall of residence, which was 'rife with it' according to the groundsman they chatted to recently (at a safe distance!). Hopefully it’s stayed within the student population.

Last edited:

Eddy Edson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hope it's nothing and things improve quickly!

You can profit from isolation time by brushing up on yr ancient Sumerian, perhaps.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well since September my son has had 2 tests both negative and has just finished on Friday a stint of isolation having been in contact with another teacher who was positive. Before half term for the week before they had very few students in school, due to positive cases and staff isolating or shielding.

Stitch147

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
My eldest has developed a temperature. Highly unlikely to be Covid I think, as it’s the only symptom, but we’ve ordered a postal test and will be staying in until we get the results.
My nephew only had a temperature for 1 day and still tested positive. So it's better to be safe than sorry. Hope it's a negative result for them.

KARNAK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hope all is well with results @everydayupsanddowns.

A few weeks back my Granddaughter was sent home from school because
her teacher was sent home unwell so the whole class was sent home and
isolated along with the rest of their household.

They were all tested and isolated for 4 day`s no one tested positive including
the teacher, as Stitch say`s better to be safe than sorry.

Sally71

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
My daughter has had to self isolate twice because of positive cases in her year group, as long as she doesn’t develop symptoms the rest of us can still go out though. There have been several positive cases in her school, resulting in all the year groups being sent home at least once at some time or other. None of the people who tested positive had any of the classic symptoms, they all reported headache and sore throat so the school has added that to the list of things to look out for.

Inka

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I hope it’s a Negative but far better to be safe and assume it’s Covid until you get the all-clear. There are so many other bugs around at the moment it’s hard to tell.

Ljc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I hope the test is negative and your eldest recovers quickly.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My nephew only had a temperature for 1 day and still tested positive. So it's better to be safe than sorry. Hope it's a negative result for them.

Thanks @Stitch147

That’s really helpful. Kinda feels like slight overkill for all 5 of us (two extras staying at the mo to go into confinement, some stopping work, and to call in favours for the milk and bread I was supposed to pick up on Monday, but now can’t.

Hey ho. Hopefully we will know by Thursday. I am sure it will be a 24hr vomiting bug, but covid apparently can have a gastric version in some people.

And I get quite mad with tales of people who clearly have symptoms but just carry on anyway, so I’d rather err on the side of caution!

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The virus does seem to be much more prevalent now. I am told my nearest neighbour has it and my young friend who rides with us is isolating because her parents have it. We live in a rural community and felt quite distanced from it, so it was quite a shock to hear of local people we know getting it!

Eldest started working in a school/college in Sept so there’s definitely a ‘route in’ to us. some year groups have been fully or partially sent home already.

Pumper_Sue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hope all comes back clear.

The big secondary school has been closed completely due to covid. 3 teachers and 17 students have it and obviously all contacts have to self isolate. One of the banks has had to close as well.
There was a case on the school bus so all the kids had to self isolate so some been home for over a month now.