Complications

Status
Not open for further replies.

spell

Now I have the eye and nerve disease and the heart attack in September,I give up trying this type 1 lark, doing the best I can.
the kidney disease, ( kidneys are not good) strokes and amputations are inevitable

Really sorry to hear about these complications. Please do not give up; the only way to prevent the strokes and amputations are to try and get some control around your numbers.
Do you have kids or grandkids? Do it for them 🙂

Asking someone not to give up will not actually stop them giving up.
The day I find pleasure in this f**khole disease I will

I’m also Type 1 diabetic. I don’t think any of us find any pleasure in the condition, we just have to learn to tolerate it and co-exist with it. I would much rather not have it, but I also pick life and I hope you decide to too. Here to chat more if you want to!

I’m also Type 1 diabetic. I don’t think any of us find any pleasure in the condition, we just have to learn to tolerate it and co-exist with it. I would much rather not have it, but I also pick life and I hope you decide to too. Here to chat more if you want to!
How do i tolerate and co exist with it then? What's the process ?

My advice would be to learn as much about it as possible so that you understand when you go high/low why it happened. I read all the books here https://diabetes.gifts/top-5-books-every-type-1-diabetic-should-read/?amp=1 and now feel like I have a really good understanding of what is going on in my body and I can predict pretty well what will happen when I eat or do exercise. If I recommend only one book, it would be think like a pancreas.

This doesn’t mean I always get it right and I also loathe that we have to become so academic about things that others take for granted and I definitely have days where I feel like you do, but as I said, I choose life and hope you do too.

My advice would be to learn as much about it as possible so that you understand when you go high/low why it happened. I read all the books here https://diabetes.gifts/top-5-books-every-type-1-diabetic-should-read/?amp=1 and now feel like I have a really good understanding of what is going on in my body and I can predict pretty well what will happen when I eat or do exercise. If I recommend only one book, it would be think like a pancreas.

This doesn’t mean I always get it right and I also loathe that we have to become so academic about things that others take for granted and I definitely have days where I feel like you do, but as I said, I choose life and hope you do too.
My chronic stress is caused by type 1, you can't get rid of type I so I can't get rid of stress.
If ya car was continually causing ya stress you would get rid of it.
I can't get rid of type I so I should get rid of myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back