Compatible phone fir Libre Sensor 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

May Rhymer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello,
Can I ask if anyone knows the best compatible Andriod mobile phone for a Libre Sensor 2?
I have always had a Samsung, however, my new upgrade A13 is not working well with my Sensor.

Hello,
Can I ask if anyone knows the best compatible Andriod mobile phone for a Libre Sensor 2?
I have always had a Samsung, however, my new upgrade A13 is not working well with my Sensor.
If this is very recent it may well be the latest app update (from a few days ago) rather than anything to do with your phone.

If this is very recent it may well be the latest app update (from a few days ago) rather than anything to do with your phone.
Thanks Bruce. I suspected that might the case following several conversations with Abbot!.
Does anyone know where that leaves us?
Many thanks for any anticipated support.

Thanks Bruce. I suspected that might the case following several conversations with Abbot!.
Many thanks for any anticipated support.
I complained to Abbott about their app “upgrade” 😉, they asked me for some details regarding the app and my current sensor, and suggested they might send me a Libre 2 reader (because the alarms no longer work on my phone). I’m waiting to hear back from them. I did all this via email - talking to someone from Abbott’d just make my BG go up!

Libre 2 uses Bluetooth for the alarms.
Bluetooth is implemented differently by different phone manufacturers. Unfortunately, Samsung has a reputation for less reliable Bluetooth.
This may be because it is not as great as others or there are more complaints against Samsung because it is the most popular.

If you don't already have a reader you could complain again and see if they'll send you one.

(Personally I'm not that worried because I use the reader for alarms already and my phone seems to work fine for scanning for results. I hope they release an update fixing the problems, of course.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back