Compatibility of libre 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlygirl

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am going to talk to the nurse soon about libre 3 and whether I would qualify for it as my pump now loops and I would like to consider it if I am able to.
The libre site does not appear to have any compatibility info for android phones and libre 3. Does anyone know if there is info on this... Also does anyone who has one have the measurement of the plastic part of the sensor? The dimension on abbott site includes the sticky tape as well. Thanks

Google tells me the actual sensor is 20mm in diameter and 3mm thick @curlygirl Sorry I can’t answer your phone question as I have a Dexcom.

Thanks @Inka The abbott site gives 21mm x 2.9mm but that includes the tape as the libre 2 is listed as 35mm x 5mm. Not sure it will matter if I can not find compatibilty of phone but was interested to know size.

Weird @curlygirl The pic I found showed the measurements I quoted but showed them as being for the sensor (measurements marked on the sensor).

Interesting @Inka IF i get a response from the nurse that says I can try it I will find out the size...

@curlygirl have you tried asking Abbott.
They have a Support page to raise questions: https://www.freestyle.abbott/uk-en/support/online-sensor-support.html
I'd click the "Raise a sensor issue" button and ask.

And this may be the manual?

Last edited by a moderator:
Which pump is it? I thought Abbott were partnering with Omnipod / Ypsomed, bit I wasn’t sure that had linked quite yet?

I am going to talk to the nurse soon about libre 3 and whether I would qualify for it as my pump now loops and I would like to consider it if I am able to.
The libre site does not appear to have any compatibility info for android phones and libre 3. Does anyone know if there is info on this... Also does anyone who has one have the measurement of the plastic part of the sensor? The dimension on abbott site includes the sticky tape as well. Thanks
Hello, I normally go to the app site and if the app is compatible, it will allow a download from the store.
My OS seems compatible with the libre 3 app. But I still use Libre 2. Which I’m happy with.

It is loopable with Ypsopump now. It is cam aps fx with the libre 3. Not sure how many people in this country are looping, but it can be paired with the pump. When I mentioned it to the nurse a couple of months ago she said they were not supporting it yet although they knew it was possible but she said if I rang again in June it was possible that I might get libre 3 as a separate thing and then I could loop when they do support it. All not definite but going to try calling to see.

Last edited:
Plenty of people have been looping in the UK with open source homespun OpenAPS and Android APS systems for years without official tech support from their clinic, but with their approval. No reason you couldn’t loop if you felt confident you knew how to set it up and manage it.

My clinic have very little input into the day to day management of my Control IQ hybrid closed loop, but give me a general steer once a year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back